“Extremely friendly staff (and customers)”
Review of The Wee Curry Shop

The Wee Curry Shop
Ranked #301 of 2,429 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Cumbernauld
“Extremely friendly staff (and customers)”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Visited this restaurant (which is now called The Glasgow Curry Shop) at the weekend. This is not the largest of places to eat, but think as long as you book in advance, you would have no problems. Ashton Lane itself is full of places to eat, including the Ubiqitous Chip, and the prices seem to reflect that. Certainly not the cheapest meal I have had, but cannot complain about the quality of the dishes. Also, the chefs were happy to make any dish that was not on their menu, which we did, and were pleased with the outcome.
A table beside us said the Lamb Karachi was incredible, so one of our party had it, and agreed. It was lovely to have something recommended, and the waiter (who had a very Glasgow sense of humour), said he was getting done out of a job. He was excellent, and although busy, very attentive.
Cannot fault this place, and will definitely be returning.

• Visited January 2013

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Not as good as it should be... Regarding their takeaway food.”
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

The curries were light on the oil which is a real positive but also a bit light on flavour especially the chicken saag. Raita too lumpy. Nan rather oily. And rice portion very small. Could do better.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Back to old name.”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I dine here every wednesday evening with my friend, I get a take-away every sunday night then go with the family periodically. The meals that you get here are just soo tasty and served soo nicely you just want to come back. I have been eating here for 10 years.

• Visited January 2013
Kilmacolm
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Dined at the Wee Curry Shop for the first time a few weeks ago and I can honestly say that the food is excellent. I was persuaded to try fish pakora for the first time, I wasn't disappointed! I had Chicken Tikka which was absolutely delicious with such high quality chicken. The Peshwari Nan was different to any that I had had previously but in a good way as it was very thin but packed full of flavour. The staff were very friendly and we were told that if there was a particular curry we wanted, but wasn't on the menu, then all we had to do was ask. Overall a great meal with no complaints.

• Visited December 2012
Glasgow
“Who is giving it 4 out of 5?”
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Went here tonight as our usual haunt of Ashoka was fully booked. Sorry we did - bit of a dive, haggis pakora was rank, chasni had 2 pieces of chicken in a bland korma, wife's chilli garlic chicken was in a red tasteless coating that smelled of garlic. Finished our mains and waited 15 mins for someone to bring the bill (there was only 2 other covers in) until we just went up and paid ourselves. Put down to experience I suppose, please don't make the same mistake.

People who have rated this place highly must only have experienced Indian food through frozen ready meals if they enjoyed eating here.