“Good music venue nice bar”

Oranmor A Celebration Of Scotland
Ranked #626 of 2,552 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Scottish, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Went to see the Delines last week. began in the upstairs bar where we had a quick bite to eat and a pint before the gig. the bar was busy but we quickly were seated at a table reserved for diners. The menu is relatively basic the usual bar food culprits. We all had burgers, vege burger, cheese burger and a salmon burger. Service was good and the food came relatively quickly and was nice enough - not gourmet food but good. After food we moved to the downstairs venue for the gig. I thought the venue was great with good acoustics and good sight lines of the stage. Enjoyed our night out, Only problem 2 out of 3 of us felt ill the next day ! And it wasn't overindulgence in alcohol since both of us had 1 pint all night.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Very attractive converted church at the top of Byres Road in Glasgow's West End. Stained glass windows, lots of wood panelled fittings. Very welcoming and this is in fact etched in several languages on the tiled floor at the entrance. Food in the restaurant was good and very reasonably priced. Fab Scottish breakfast too. Pretty good acoustics to see a favourite artist up close. Good sized bar. Gets a bit warm, but you can easily nip outside for a little cool off.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Had my "reclaiming my life" party yesterday and was blown away by Scott.
He is a legend as he stands there chucking ice into glasses with such panache I could have watched him all night.
His looks ,service and special attention deserve high praise. He even came in to see me and wrote the loveliest message on a napkin.
No I am not a love struck teenager......I am a woman 33 happy years married to my main squeeze!!
Service in the restaurant was excellent lovely young girls however when you order linguini....kitchen staff .......please don't serve me spaggetti .
It was a magical night because of Scott and the staff. Thank you all so much...mhwaaaaaa

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Went in at the end of the evening after having meal elsewhere. Have drank in here before but on this occasion beer was flat, soda water mixer in a drink was flat, wine was cheap tasting. Four of us all not impressed with the drink we had been give. Didn't bother to say anything, probably should, we just went elsewhere. I note that on Tripadvisor, this place hasn't had an excellent or very good review left since February, owners..take note, something is slipping.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Went here with my family for morning coffee. We sat outside just before noon when it was pretty much empty. About 15 minutes after being served our hot cups, a really unfriendly, aggressive member of staff told us we would have to leave. Apparently they aren't allowed to serve kids, unless they are in the restaurant inside - which is somewhat closer to the bar. Telling us when we were nearly finished our drinks was obviously done to prevent us from asking for a refund. A very inhospitable, nasty little place with a big ego.

I have been to Oran Mor many times and enjoyed play, pie and pint there but won't be back after this quite unbelievable experience.

Fortunately the rest of Glasgow is far more welcoming to families. We were treated brilliantly by the staff in Grosvenor café, which is situated on Ashton Lane. "No problem at all, families are always welcome" the response - what a difference.

5  Thank Iain R