“Excellent ”
Review of PIAZZA ITALIA - CLOSED

PIAZZA ITALIA
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: City Centre
brighton
“Excellent ”
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

I dined here with my partner on Saturday 21st December.
It is a lovely restaurant and the staff was great.

We had the pâté and soup to start which were both super.

Then we had lasagne for mains, which was very enjoyable.

I would like to apologise to the staff and owners because my partner was not able to fully appreciate or finish his meal. He had been unwell during the day and just after ordering he got worse and was very guilty that he could only manage to eat a little :-)

However when we are back in Glasgow next we will certainly be returning.

Many thanks

Glasgow
“All going well until the end of the meal”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

There we were 6 of us out for an annual festive lunch and get together. Went here last year and had good memories, so decided to go back. Everything was going well, had good food and very good service and as we were about to leave the manager(? owner) was extremely rude and told to get out as we had overstayed our time, said his staff had been told to get rid of us sooner as he was preparing for dinner. I should have went with my instincts as when I booked a couple of weeks previously the same man had very abruptly told me to call back the next day as he was too busy (I called on a Saturday at about 5ish).....at that point I was going to book elsewhere but thee are 6 people to consider and we went with our memory of the previous year. He did point out that our £250 bill was nothing to him.....I should emphasise that the waiting staff were embarrassed by his behaviour and overall their service was excellent. But I will not be back, my husband and I have eaten there a few times, but never again. There are so many other places in Glasgow that I am sure would have appreciated our custom. I am absolutely flummoxed by this man's behaviour, it came out of the blue and was totally inappropriate in a hospitality environment. There was nothing in our behaviour that merited this outburst other the he felt we overstayed our time, but thee was no restriction on time when we booked....also we left once our meal and coffees were done!!!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Elaine B
Peterhead, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We visited in December and had food from the Three Course Christmas Menu @ £21.95 which we thought was excellent value. The wine list too was very reasonable. All the staff were very attentive and looked after us very well.
All in all more than met our expectations, well done.

• Visited December 2013
saraha1970
“Quick lunch”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Good food, well priced. Visited on a fixed price lunch deal and it didnt disappoint. Will visit again

Visited October 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fantastic ”
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Good food,great service...will continue to go back again and again...we have a lovely dinner....thank you to the staff!!!