“Great food, friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of PIAZZA ITALIA - CLOSED

PIAZZA ITALIA
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: City Centre
London
“Great food, friendly staff”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

It was a busy evening, but they found a table for six people rather quickly. The food took a little while to come, but we couldn't fault it when it arrived. Delicious proper Italian food. The staff tried hard to please us so overall it was a great evening. Not sure if I will ever return to Glasgow, but would happily recommend this place.

• Visited September 2012

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We went on an "itison" deal prior to going to the concert hall to see Ray Davies. It was strange to walk into an Italian restaurant and not see the traditional colours. Basically black and white here and the staff wearing tartan pinnies. However the meals and wine were excellent and the waitrrs and waitresses could not have been friendlier. We also had a dessert which was well worth paying extra for. We will definitely return

Bristol,UK
“I wish I lived closer - I'd become a regular!”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We wanted to eat Italian on Saturday night - so much choice in Glasgow.... We were glancing at the menu outside Piazza Italia when a waiter chatted to us and asked if there was anything in particular we were looking for. A further check of the proffered menu and we went inside. WISE CHOICE!

Staff were wonderfully friendly and obviously all enjoyed their work. Joking and chatting with customers throughout our visit and generally making the experience even better for us.

My Pate followed by Roast Cod was delicous while my partner had Sardines followed by Duck..... What can I say - I was in heaven with the flavours. For drinks we stuck with the House Red - another GOOD CHOICE at around £14 a bottle. Fruity but with enough body - rather some some house wines which are often cheap and 'thin'.

We sinned by having Italian ice cream for dessert - which was heavenly!

"I wish I lived closer - I'd become a regular" is not a statement I make lightly - I would love to go back again. A very friendly venue and one which should be on your list if visiting the city!

dumbarton
“great food and service”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

booked with an "itison" voucher so thought we may get lower standard treatment/smaller portions than full paying guest. Not so!! No problems with the booking, staff were welcoming and attentive. Bottle of wine included in the deal was VERY nice. Decided to order a starter, which was not part of the deal - probably not a good idea as the portions are very generously and the food is delicious. lovely atmosphere in the restaurant with good choice of non invasive background music. my only complains is that the toilets, although clean, are really old fashioned and very tired looking- takes the shine off and otherwise great meal out.

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not a great start but they tried in the end”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We booked our table through TopTable which was pointless as the reservation never came through. This wasn't the restaraunts fault and they did give us a table. However we booked the 3 course deal with a free glass of wine which the waiteress wasn't willing to porvide. In the end her manager allowed us to have a free glass and from that point onwards the manager served us.

The food was okay but the starters were obviously frozen and deep fried to cook. I had battered chicken for my mains which was fresh but the batter was very eggy. The pudding was very satisfying though. The manager was light hearted and made us laugh but wasnt too much to handle.

The place needs some money spending on it, lamps hanging upside down on the walls and cheap decor. The mens toilets was absaloutly disgusting. Deffinatly not cleaned or bins emptied for a long time