“A Wee Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lamora Restaurant - CLOSED

Lamora Restaurant
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: West End
“A Wee Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I kept hearing this restaurant being mentioned by friends and work mates so we thought we'd give it a try... I'm so glad we did, the food was so good we have been back 3 times since and plan to go as many times as we can... the Sea Bass (main) and Calamari (starter) are amazing. Spotted a couple of Scottish celebrities when last in and also a very charismatic looking Italian man enjoying what looked like an Escalope of either veal or chicken with spaghetti... Must be good... Always a good sign I say if someone who originates from the country eating there. Prices are very reasonable and the house wine is good too. Love it and be back soon.

1 Thank Lindiloola

“Walk in of street...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Myself and girlfriend visited last Friday for dinner. Just walked in off street as menu looked reasonable and restaurant looked busy.

Were not let down, food was good and portion sizes good, service was attentive and very good and was reasonably priced.

Overall very good and would visit again.

1 Thank 1981SteveP
“A great family owned, family friendly restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Once again a fabulous meal in a wonderful Italian family restaurant. Food cooked by the family, served by the family and enjoyed in a family atmosphere. There were families in the restaurant at the time and they looked as though they were having a lovely time too. We cannot understand the recent review that disagrees with this. Maybe their meal was spoiled by something out with the restaurants control. I am sure the move of table was not compulsory and could have been declined. By the way the lobster ravioli is still the best thing I have ever eaten. Well done Luciano the chef !

“Great restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

My wife and I and my mother have been dining in LaMora for many years and we come back for all the reasons you expect of a good restaurant: the food is excellent with a wide choice of dishes and specials; the service is efficient and friendly and the wine is good value, although the choice could be more extensive. The decor is functional but could do with refreshing, but this doesn't detract from the overall experience which is difficult to fault. A great dining experience and fantastic value for your money.

Scotland
“This is a Pizza Review”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

The title explains what we ate and the substance of this Review. My grandson and I visited Lamora on our way to see the Glasgow Warriors - Treviso Rugby Match we allowed an hour for the meal.
I had some bread, oil and vinegar and the bread was fresh and very tasty. We both had Pizza, we both gave them top marks, fresh tasty and full of flavour and a thin base. In my opinion, just as it should be. At £6.95 each for an early evening dish, this seemed to be good value. A 250ml glass of house red wine (pleasant) priced at £4.95 continued the good value theme.
Nice surroundings and the staff were affable. All-in-all a pleasant dining experience for a total of £31.55. Perhaps the service was a little slow, but by no means unacceptable.
Cannot comment on the other items on the menu, we were only shown the early evening menu, and if the pizza is used as a guide I would be surprised if you not have a very acceptable meal here.
Near the Art Galleries, Kelvin Hall and the Western Infirmary.

2 Thank Caravanning