“Nice food shame about the toilets”

Frankie & Benny's @ Silverburn
Ranked #1,762 of 2,472 Restaurants in Glasgow
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Have been to Frankie and Bennys in silverburn a few times now and always find the food good ,on this occasion I choose from the "special menu ", the starter was more an appetizer however the main course of a burger was good. The waitress was chatty and topped up our unlimited drinks when we needed. Now for the negitives, the management really need to inspect the toilets on a regular basis as the ladies had no toilet paper and soap and my husband commented on the mens smelling really bad. Overall good food shame about the toilets .

2  Thank Caroline T
There are newer reviews for Frankie & Benny's @ Silverburn

Reviewed September 14, 2013

My sister and I decided we wanted to take our mum out for lunch and we know she always loves your restaurant so were not disappointed once again the food was delicious and the staff as always really helpful and very polite they made us feel welcome. Only one complaint personally for myself the restaurant was cold as both doors were opened but overall we had a wonderful time we will always go back keep up the good work

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I know I know....
It was bad before, why go back?
Truth is, the kids wanted to go, but i won't be going back after this!
I actually grudge giving this place 1 point, in my opinion it should register nil points.
Sunday evening, the place was relatively quiet, no waiting time, we were directed upstairs on entering.
We placed our order....waited a while for the starters, but hey, no panic.
Time for the main meals, where are they??
They eventually came....myself and my son placed the same order, his arrived edible, my plate however displayed what can only be described as "burnt black!"
Not a word from the clearly disinterested waiter, no apology for the wait, no apology for attempting to serve up an uneatable meal, nothing.
I stated that i wasn't accepting this meal, i pointed out the clear, visible difference between the 2 plates, this was met by a sigh, and "i'll get another wan dun fur you" (quote).
I stated that i was not prepared to wait another 25 minutes, he said it would be done in 5!
I watched as he returned to the chef area, arms waving all over the place,shouting, real dramatics, real bad attitude.
In between this, my daughter was having difficulty eating a burnt, rock hard, veggie burger, she however wouldn't mention and told me not too, which i reluctantly agreed as to not upset her.
When my replacement meal arrived, this time it was under cooked, absolutely disgusting!!
I have been going to Frankie and Benny's all over the UK for at least 10 years, they are steadily starting to go downhill, but this has to be one of the worst in the UK.
As i said, giving this even one point is an injustice, it's one point too many!

THE BASICS ARE SUFFERING - poor quality food, shocking customer service.
I would be surprised, no in fact, i'd be shocked if this gets a response from senior management at F & B's.
Nobody seems to care.

9  Thank ModStu64
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Nobody expects top quality food or service from a branded restaurant like frankie and benny's but it seems to have got worse since I last visited. The service was poor, the young guy serving us only had 4 tables but seemed to struggle to manage his section, he was really friendly just not great at managing his tables and focusing on service - with big delays between starters and mains, being cleared and the bill. The bar tender seemed grumpy with no smiles at the customers and slamming drinks on the table. The food however was awful, the garlic bread and cheese at a £4.45 was disgusting, the garlic butter on it tasted as though it was off and it was swimming in oil, the cheddar and bacon potato skins weren't much better; they were dry and had hardly any bacon on them. Only two slices of the garlic bread were eaten but the restaurant must get so many complaints about food quality that the waiters don't ask was everything okay when clearing away an almost full portion. With a twenty minute wait for the starters we would have expected much better quality and presentation. For mains we had carbonara and the chilli relish hot dog off the lunch menu, the hot dog was awful, very small in size, a handful of chips and a pot of chilli relish which was the only thing nice enough about my meal. The meat in the 'frankfurter' was chewy and stringy, it had a strange after-taste and the bun seemed like it had been frozen and defrosted making it crumbly and dry, to top it off the chef had burnt one side of the role too. The carbonara wasn't great either. At £26 for two mains, two starters and one soft drink, one of which was the lunch time deal it was a poor choice.

6  Thank Ando2906
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Frankie & Benny's at Silverburn, Falls well short on basic service,
Table service was poor, we had to ask three times for a children's menu,
Starters arrived after a 45min wate, only to be returned for being cold,
Main courses also turned out to be..... yip cold...
After waiting a further 15min on the replacements, the manager came to the table to apologise, after a very brief apology we walked with out having to pay,

They are taking bookings for Christmas parties , might be a good idea if they also start taking orders for the Chrismas Party
Ps, If any one from Frankie & Benny's should read this here is a couple of Tips, heated dum-waters and heat lights for food,
PPs, The icing on the cake was 2 of the members of the kitchen staff at the main entrance having a fag, in there uniform, when we left.

3  Thank Cranachan