“a big venue, but just average” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Arta

Arta
Ranked #518 of 2,387 Restaurants in Glasgow
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: City Centre
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“a big venue, but just average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I have been to the club here a number of times but have also been for dinner. The club is nice, although not very big. It is also ridiculously warm.
The restaurant upstairs is very stylish, but the service was really disappointing. We got so bored waiting for our table cleared, it was not what I expected.

Arta M, Manager at Arta, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Hi Emma,

Thank you for the time taken to leave your review of your experience at Arta, reviews like this are crucial to the development and growth of our business.

I am pleased you consider the club to be nice and that you feel the restaurant is stylish. I am however disappointed to hear your views on the standard of service. Slow service is certainly not our usual practice and I will certainly investigate these points further with the restaurant team.

I hope that this did not dampen your evening too much and that you enjoyed the rest of your time in Arta, I also hope we can welcome you back soon in order that we might redeem ourselves and leave you with a better impression.

If you would like to discuss anything further please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

Emily Coyle
Arta Manager

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Leaving Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

We used Arta to organise a leaving night for one of our Directors. We opted not to have dinner but just drinks and see what happens. Arta offered us the Fireplace area which you needed a deposit for, however this was waived as we prepaid for some drinks to be there on arrival. The area was perfect and the staff were helpful and great. We then got free entry into the club where there was a live band on. Overall it was a great evening and we would definitely use again!!!!!!!!

• Visited April 2013
Arta M, Manager at Arta, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Hi Linsay,

Thank you very much for such a lovely review, I really appreciate the time taken to allow others to hear of your enjoyable experience with us here at Arta.

I am delighted you choose to host such a special event with us and hope that the guest of honour had an equally enjoyable and memorable time.

I will be sure to pass on your comments to the staff.

Again, thank you for the time taken to leave your review and I hope we can welcome you to the venue again soon.

Kind regards

Emily Coyle
Arta Manager
Scotland
“A little touch of Spain”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The first time I saw this venue I was blown away with the decor and the atmosphere. Everyone who visits Glasgow must go to Arta. This is a big touch of Spain in an opulent way, classy, classy classy.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a complementary review of Arta, your recommendation to future visitors is greatly appreciated.

I look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Beautiful upper part yet small and claustrophobic club”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Although the upper part of Arta is spacious and the decor is lovely. The food I found to be average. The downstairs club is far to hot and uncomfortable

Visited July 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of Arta. Your feedback is an essential part of the continual development of this beautiful venue.

I am disappointed to read that you found our food to be average, and that you did not enjoy your experience of our club Canvas. This is not what we have come to expect from our regular customers, and I would hope you would return to Arta to allow us an opportunity to rectify these shortcomings.

Further, may I take this opportunity to inform you that our Hacienda Bar on the ground floor does remain open throughout the night until the close of the club downstairs at 3:00am, and offers a more comfortable setting to continue your evening into the early hours.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Second chance proved worth it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Arta is one of the most beautiful and atmospheric places I have visited for drinks. The drinks are of high quality and are quite delicious.
My first experience as Arta as a place to dine was rather disappointing, however. My partner and I had chosen the £29 deal for 6 tapas dishes, a bottle of wine and bread with olives. The food took a while to come and when it did it was distinctly unimpressive. I had raised my concern to our waitress, who immediately did all she could for us, including informing the chef and the assistant manager, who in turn gave us 20% off our food bill. The service was a credit to the establishment, very friendly and enthusiastic.It was for this reason that we decided to return and also for the impressive decor and atmosphere. The next time we went, it was a complete success. The food was prepared to a high standard and, as expected, the service was just as good, even more so, than it had been before, ensuring a highly enjoyable night.
This venue is perfect for casual drinks, parties and a light meal for munching on whilst having a drink.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Thank you for returning to Arta and allowing us the opportunity to deliver you a more positive experience of our venue. I am overjoyed to read that you had such an enjoyable evening and greatly appreciate your kind words about our staff and service.

Thank you also for your recommendation.

I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Arta.