“Great local restaurant!”

Redhurst Hotel
Ranked #787 of 2,407 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Scottish, British
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
East Kilbride
“Great local restaurant!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Like many other people I frequently drive past this place and barely notice it despite its predominant position at the edge of one of Glasgow’s busiest arterial roads!
However, last weekend my family and I went to the Redhurst Hotel for Sunday lunch and were thoroughly impressed by the quality of food and the customer service we received.
Once seated in the restaurant, which is traditionally decorated and comfortable, we made our choices from the newly introduced menu which offers good variety and something to suit most tastes.
I went for the chicken liver pate with onion marmalade, steak pie and trimmings and the meringue nest with strawberries and Chantilly cream. Everything was as it should be and absolutely delicious!
We enjoyed great service throughout from Drew who was attentive but not obtrusive!
The only disappointing thing was to see the place so quiet – it is located in large affluent suburb with good access and plenty of parking yet aside from a few friends enjoying a quiet drink and one other family we had the place to ourselves.
I am sure once the word gets out this will all change and I for one won’t drive past again.

• Visited August 2013

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Take That Tribute night”
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I was having dinner one night at the Busby hotel and had seen an advertisement for an upcoming Take That Tribute night at the Redhurst Hotel.
The Redhurst is local to me however i nor my friends had ever been.As a massive Take That fan i suggested it to my friends and we all agreed to go along.
What a night !
Us girls even threw knickers on the stage for the boys.
We had an awesome time,the night started with a 3 course meal which was a simple but a delicious menu of soup,chicken in white sauce with potatoes and vegetables and a cheesecake for dessert,we were then all offered coffee but as us girls were out to party we fancied something a little stronger and headed straight for the bar.
The total cost for the ticket was only £20 ahead and was so worth the money.
The drinks at the bar were fairly cheap and our kitty money of £30 each lasted the whole night.
Take that or Take this as they called themselves were absolutely fabulous and the music that played all night was brilliant,the dance floor was full all night long.
I would recommend the Redhurst tribute nights and i am aware they do them on a regular basis.
My friends and i are already discussing going to the Rod Stewart tribute night.
The staff were friendly and made us all feel very welcome.
Roll on August us girls are coming back to party again !

• Visited June 2013
Dalkeith, United Kingdom
“Overnight stay”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Excellent hotel. Value for money the food was lovely both the evening meal and the breakfast in the morning. Good access to Hampden by rail and public transport.

Visited June 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent food. A great place to eat.”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

My wife and I arrived here on 30th November for a fish and chips dinner, courtesy of a Groupon deal and we were not disappointed. 2 generous portions were served and the fish melted in the mouth. The batter was perfectly cooked and the side salad delicious. The staff were very welcoming. All in all a very pleasant 90 mins or so. Previous correspondents have suggested the decor looks a bit tired and I have to agree that the carpet , curtains and chair upholstery looks rather like what you would expect at your 90 year old grannys house. That said the dining area is still very cosy and homely.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“More a drinking den than a hotel”
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

After being at this hotel for a function that passed off without any problem it was a funeral so wasn't meant to be a happy occasion anyway, but that didn't mean the waitress had to be miserable and cheeky to us. I think she had a problem for some reason it could be because she resembled Bart Simpsons mother "Marge" which did put a smile on our faces when she was clearing the table she picked up my pint glass which still had at least two mouthfuls of beer in it in fairness to Marge I think she may have thought it was finished as my wife had just bought me a new pint but when she lifted the glass I told her it wasn't finished and she more or less slammed it back down on the table gave me a look that would have sunk a thousand ships and then she walked off after that I just felt she had a bad attitude everytime I went to the bar other than that there were also young men working on the bar that done there job as expected I actually felt when I was going to the bar Marge done everything she could to avoid serving me.