“great offer in January with La tasca loyalty card” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Tasca - Glasgow Silverburn - CLOSED

La Tasca - Glasgow Silverburn
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Tucked away within the bustling Silverburn shopping centre, this Glasgow branch of Spanish restaurant chain La Tasca is a popular spot for casual dining with friends and family. Tapas and paella dishes fill the extensive menu, accompanied by a drinks list of Iberian wines, beers and pitchers of sangria that should refresh even the weariest shopper.
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
“great offer in January with La tasca loyalty card”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

Had a gorgeous meal last night in La Tasca. We ordered 14 dishes between three of us and every one of them was extremely tasty. This would have been an expensive meal but fortunately we were given 40% off and so the meal was exceedingly good value. My one gripe (again) however, was the portion size of the popular chicken Andalucia dish - not nearly enough chicken in a dish which tastes superb. Although when I brought this to the attention of the waitress, the matter was dealt with very efficiently and a satisfactory portion size arrived soon after.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Iain M, Manager at La Tasca - Glasgow Silverburn, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Hola Bill,
Thank you for all of your lovely comments about our food and our service.
I will ensure this gets passed on to the staff.

Dumbarton
“Good food in a shopping centre”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

This is the only restaurant in a shopping centre that I will eat in. The food is good the staff are very friendly and efficient and it's very good value for money. It's 3 tapas plus a salad or bread for £9.95 and the portions are more than enough for a lunch with friends.

Visited January 2014
Iain M, Manager at La Tasca - Glasgow Silverburn, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Hola,
Thank you very much for your lovely comments. It elates me to hear such nice things. We try our best to deliver fantastic customer service 100% of the time. I will ensure that all the staff hear about the comment you have made.
Muchas Gracias
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“expect more”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

visited in busy sat. for lunch with no booking, staff average polite and helpful except the young lady served us for ordering. i asked for recommendation,she said depend on customers. so i asked her flavor choice, she said she doesn't think i will like it. well , i asked what can share for 2 adults and a baby, she said everything. actually, i am looking for mixed tapas which the other reviewer recommended here , but this young lady just shake her head and said no such things. my son starving and i didn't want to ask her anymore. i just make my order straingt away. i ordered flat bread , beef ball, chicken and lamb. finally, she didn't tell me flat bread was came with beef ball. of course i just know that when foods came. so i had 2 beef ball dishes. also she didn't tell me flat bread was spicy not suit for baby. food just ok. lamb was too salty.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hola Ju,
I am sorry to hear that your last visit to La Tasca Silverburn did not live up to your expectations. I believe that this may have been down to a communication barrier. The Albondigas is a dish on its own and does not come with bread our Lamb Rapido one pot however is served with two slices of rustic ciabatta. The flatbread is a dish on its own and is topped with roasted peppers, cheese and onion. The mixed tapas you referred to is our Set menu and is available Sun-Fri.
Let me again apologise for the misgivings from your visit. If you would like to book again I ask that you book directly through me at latasca.silverburn@latasca.co.uk.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Children's menu”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

I took my 11 month old boy for his first tapas lunch today the food was lovely and very fresh. For a treat I decided to order him the cheesecake and Minnie brownies, however to my horror when it arrived it was frozen I am so glad I checked this because if I didn't god only knows how ill he could have been. I approached the waiter and advised that this was frozen he imedialty apologized and asked if I wanted to change I was happy enough to change to the fruit salad . The waiter was very professional and handled situation well. Just to let parent beware check food before serving to children.

Also comment regarding your add about four tapas this was displayed today and also mislead our expectation. Visit Saturday 18 jan 2014 at half 12

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Iain M, Manager at La Tasca - Glasgow Silverburn, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Hola Louisa,
I am a new aunty and can only imagine how myself or my sister would react in a similar scenario. I am truly sorry that on this occasion our dessert did not come up to par. I am however glad to here Andy your waiter dealt with this appropriately and professionally. I will ensure that this feed back reaches him.
May I thank you for pointing out that the advertisement was still being displayed. I have this morning taken it down and have taken measures to ensure that there is no future possibility of this being put back out on show at La Tasca Silverburn.
If you would like to reach me at any point please do not hesitate to do so via latasca.silverburn@latasca.co.uk.

Thank you again for your feed back.

Troon, United Kingdom
“Great wee place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

I enjoy spanish food so this was a brilliant place to stop whilst shopping. It was a multitude of tapas that we ordered they were all lovely. I wouldn't recommend going if you are really hungry as you may need to spend a small fortune to fill up but it is a nice place for snacking or lunch if you aren't extremely hungry.

Visited September 2013
Iain M, Manager at La Tasca - Glasgow Silverburn, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Hola Mr Smith,
Firstly. May I thank you for your lovely comment on the food. I very pleased that you enjoyed your dining experience with us here at La Tasca Silverburn.
With regards' to our pricing I believe that there is truly something for everybody. Along side our set menu. I always encourage guests to sign up to our La Tasca Loyalty card which entitles the guest to a different offer each month - along side a loyalty discount. If you would like me to sign you up to receive our great monthly deals please forward me your details to latasca.silverburn@latasca.co.uk.