“Superb”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Had a lovely Christmas pre-threatre menu at this cosy and very friendly restaurant. The service was superb and the food was very good quality. The pre-threatre menu had a good choice two courses a glass of wine. My friend and I had the minestrone soup with lovely brown bread and the sirloin steak with brandy and green pepper corn sauce the chips were very tasty. I would definetly return to this little gem as the food was superb and a good potion size.

2  Thank Hathor06

Reviewed November 28, 2013

We have been going to Oscars for many years and each visit is enjoyable both for the food and the excellent service.
The restaurant is very comfortable and the staff are both friendly and more than willing to ensure you have a good evening.

1  Thank DavidSheila12
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Butter served wrapped in tinfoil, always a bad start.Scampi poached in pernod were certainly not as they had been ..boiled then had a sauce poured over them that had neither the colour or flavour of pernod or indeed of anything.A dish of penne al polo was equally tasteless.Desserts did not look as if they had been made in casa and were tired from being too long in refrigeration..one bad review does not a disaster make!
.However regulars were tucking into set menu dishes which looked and smelled.delicious.We will go back as .one bad review does not a disaster make! I shall stick to set menus midweek lunchtimes as that is what the kitchen concentrating on!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Love this place. Took friends last weekend for their first visit & they loved it. Starters ranged from pea & mint soup, homemade pate, soul gougions & bruschetta. Whilst the others were lovely & a decent portion on this occasion I was for the first time disappointed with my bruschetta. The portion was very small in comparison with the other starters & with the bread not being toasted properly it became an oily mussy mess underneath the tomato's. I should have sent it back but as the place was so busy & with a large table of over 20 ordering I said nothing. I have put this down to a one off as normally the food is superb. The mains were superb as always. 3 people had pizza's & said the bases were lovely & thin & very light. I had a pasta dish I have had before & it was amazing & as good as efore. Penne pasta with king prawns in a light cream sauce with wilted spinach.
2 of us decided to share a pudding. Unfortunately the homemade cheescake was finished so we opted for profiteroles. They were slightly larger than most but only two in the portion. They were noce but not homemade I suspect. This aside the meal & service overall was great & I cant wait to go back. This time i'll steer clear of the bruschetta.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Git a good deal but had to send back the burger as it was still raw in the middle and not suitable for a six year old. Service good but food only fair.

ownerofoscars, Owner at Oscars, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Pretty sure your review was for oscars bar in the city centre, since we do not serve burgers. Please note we are not connected in any way.