“Great food and nice warm welcome.......could become our local....”
Review of Oscars

Oscars
Ranked #372 of 2,428 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great food and nice warm welcome.......could become our local....”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Started to visit some old haunts recently. Hadn't been to Oscars for years and yet it is on our doorstep.

Arrived for our 7pm dinner with 2 friends. Nice warm welcome and menus at the ready. Drinks then straight on to main courses from the a la carte. The veal milanese was just terrific and the pasta well cooked. The portions were generous and all served with a smile.

Now was time for a big decision. Dessert or no dessert. With Chrismas looming we settled for coffee. Realised it was getting late and thought we ought to leave. Nothing was too much for our lovely waitress.

I think this place has whetted our appetite to return here on a more regular basis.

• Visited December 2012

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Guaranteed good food and friendly service.”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Always welcoming, friendly staff. Great menu with regular specials offering a good variety and a superb chef. Great food and service. One of our favourite restaurants... And for good reason.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank StuartKyles
Glasgow
“5 star quality”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Another fabulous meal at this wee gem in the southside. Booked through 5pm for pre-theatre this was our second visit & we were once again not disappointed. The waitress must be the friendliest I have ever come across in a restaurant. Lovely helpful & friendly manner. Nothing a problem. My mussles were plump & juicy in a beautiful tomato & cream sauce & my hubbies pate was so good & homemade. I opted to pay a small supplimant of £2 for a sirlion steak which was fantastic as were the chips & peppercorn sauce. The other main of Chicken Milanese looked lovely and was reported back as so. Beautiful homemade ragu not too tart or sweet just the right balance of flavour. I opted for a sweet. I was given the option of about 6 choices & chose as last time homemade cheescake. My husband opted for coffee [not being as greedy as me!] I was served with a rather large portion of a beautiful creamy cheescake covered in crushed Cadbury's flake. We had a glass each of the house red whch was very drinkable. I mentioned in my previous review we were aware of many return customers this was the same tonight. Always the sign of a good restaurant. At £12.95 for 3 courses can this be one of the best deals. I cant wait to return. The restaurant has a lovely atmosphere I feel created by the staff & the chef is amazing. The quality of the food is of such a high standard only outdone by the friendlieness of the waitress. I think they also do meal deals other than pre-theatre menu & A la carte i'm sure there is a later evening deal as well. This place is a must for a visit & rates up there with my favourites. Based on the main Ayr Rd in Newton Mearns & parking outside as well as on a bus route easy to get to. Although you head down a flight of stairs on entering to reach the restaurant there is an entrance from a raer carpark for disabled access. This leads straight into the restaurant. Well done again to Oscars for providing a great little eatrie.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank DebbienGlasgow
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Relaxed quality restaurant”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Ate here and was pleasantly surprised, it was above average in all respects. We opted for the pre theatre menu as we were there early. A very busy restaurant even at 6.30. I had sirloin steak which was well cooked just how I ordered it, the desert was delicious. All in all a place to be recommended.

• Visited August 2012
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great food ... great atmosphere ....”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We went to Oscars on Saturday night ... we were made to feel very welcome as soon as we walked in and throughout our visit. The food was great and the service was great ... what more do you want ... We'll definitely be back soon ...

• Visited August 2012