“Free WiFi”

Cuisines: Scottish, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Good location for a quick business lunch. The upstairs dining room was quiet enough for easy conversing. Staff were pleasant and patient and the food was well priced. Nothing fancy but relaxing and comfortable.

The B, Assistant Manager at The Bank, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your trip to The Bank and hope very much to see you again in the near future.

Kind Regards

Simon Wrighthouse
Assistant Manager

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We were in Glasgow for the Bruce Springsteen concert and as the area around Hampden was crowded we drove a little distance from the stadium to find somewhere to eat. The building itself looked inviting and outside was a board advertising 'Eat Out 1 Course £6 2 Courses £8 3 Courses £10 All day Mon-Thurs' This sounded okay as we just wanted some food before moving on to Hampden.

Big mistake we went inside to find it not too busy with some customers eating and others drinking but instead of being allowed to sit at one of the many vacant tables we were directed upstairs to a restaurant area that was almost empty to be told that as it was a concert night the cost of a two course meal plus drink was £19.95 per person and this include a coach seat to and from the stadium. I would have walked out but my wife finds it uncomfortable to walk out of restaurants so we stayed.

This was the second big mistake. Apart from being forced to pay for coach seats that we did not need or want the food was poor value. I had the soup which tasted okay but was watery accompanied by a slice of limp white sliced bread hardly the chunk of bread advertised. The soup was okay but not worth writing home about. Then the main course burger with bacon and cheese with chips,two small battered onion rings and few lettuce leaves. The burger was ordinary the cheese processed the bacon limp. The chips appeared to be straight out of a frozen packet and the lettuce was unexciting. The best part of the main course was the Heinz sauce.

Apart from advertising a meals at a price they refused to serve because of the concert if I wanted to purchase a bus ticket that should be an optional extra I do not want to subsidise other bus users with an additional levy applied to my bill.

Nice surroundings with nothing else going in its favour. Would I go again? If I paid £8 for the two course meal as advertised I would consider that a fair price for the meal offered. Would I take the offer of the meal and bus ride to and from the stadium, possibly parking is difficult in the area. Would I pay £19.95 again for their soup, burger and pint then the answer is definitely no, it was rip off cashing in on the back of a concert which, incidentally, was excellent value for money.

The B, General Manager at The Bank, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Firstly, I would like to thank you for offering you comments on your visit to The Bank on Tuesday 19th June. We are always striving to ensure that we provide great food and service, and I sincerely apologise that we fell short on that occasion.

Coach to Concert is an established and popular offer that has been running for numerous years. We provide a limited menu in order to ensure we are able to serve the volume of people who take advantage of the offer in the narrow window of time between the end of the working day and the start of the concert. We aim to provide as wide a selection of dishes, within that remit, as possible and the menu itself consists of popular pub style dishes form our a la carte menu; such as the Homemade Gourmet Burger, as well as more restaurant style food; such as the Chef’s Own Thai Style Fishcakes.

All other marketing should have been removed during that short period of time and I strongly apologise that this was not the case. I would also like to reassure you that we provide fresh and home cooked food at The Bank and ingredients such as processed cheese is never used.

Please contact me if you would like to discuss this further and we can arrange a time/date to your convenience. Once again I would like to apologise for falling short of your expectations but I hope that we can welcome you back to The Bank in near future.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We tried the Sunday Wine 'n' Dine menu - £12.95 for 2 courses. A family group of 6 ranging from 40 to 70. The food was great, the staff helpful and the atmosphere relaxed and friendly. Definitely worth another visit.

Thank you for taking the time to offer you feedback. We strive to provide great homemade food with good service and your comments are much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Our dining experience at The Bank was excellent. The standard of food was very high, portion size good and the two girls who served us at the table were pleasant and helpful.

The B, General Manager at The Bank, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

That's lovely thank you. I will pass on your comments to the team.

Kind regards

Reviewed April 26, 2013

went for lunch food quite cold not very good value for money had to wait ages for food .quite noisy with moving tables and chairs just wanted a quick peaceful lunch

Management response:Responded January 10, 2014

Hi Kirsty e,

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to The Bank. Our customers enjoyment is our absolute priority and I'm glad we've met your expectations this time.

We look forward to welcoming you and your friends & family in The Bank in 2014 and remember, if you like us on Facebook you can keep up to date with upcoming events and all the goings on at The Bank.

Once again Thanks for your kind comments

David Noble