“Smoked Haddock not smoked, strawberry shortcake not shortcake!”
Review of The Bank

The Bank
Ranked #757 of 2,407 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
UK
“Smoked Haddock not smoked, strawberry shortcake not shortcake!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My friend took me here as a birthday treat. Very good value for money and a nice seperate restaurant. We both had Thai fish cakes which were very nice. I ordered the smoked haddock. The fish that came was very nice but was not smoked haddock. I didn't complain as the fish was nice but not as described on the menu! We both then ordered the Strawberry Shortcake. This came as a scone with frozen (undefrosted!!!) strawberries and cream. Again tasted alright but not as described. Overall an average experience which is a shame as this bar/restaurant has potential to be really good.

Also the ladies toilet did not smell very clean at all.

• Visited February 2013

“cosy bar/restaurant”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

good bar food at a reasonable price. They do good specials ie at moment 2 courses for £12.95 Separate dining room area which is very nice

Visited February 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If your paying a chef wages.....make him cook”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Visited here for Sunday dinner as had decided to go somewhere in walking distance instead of getting in the car, which is what we should have done!!!
Having read the reviews on here already I can see why some people like it here, I do actually like the place myself but the food is seriously bad. We ordered fish & chips £8, steak pie & chips £8 and venison sausages with spinach mash £9. Don't really know where to start so here goes.
The haddock went from freezer to fryer to plate. It was an unappealing grey colour and had the texture of mash potato in breadcrumbs, took one mouthful and sent it back. Decided not to risk an alternative when offered. The steak pie looked great but had waterlogged veg and the meat was chewy. The venison sausages looked good too, but there were only 2 and the spinach mash consisted of 5 baby spinach leaves on top of mash potato which it was also debatable if it wasn't made from powder.
Overall we managed to get 2 poor meals and 1 inedible meal. For this pleasure we paid £24 including drinks ( 3 cokes )and lost 1 1/2 hours I will never get back. The only positive is that we didn't pay for the fish & chips.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Stuart P
The B, General Manager at The Bank, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Hi there

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for your experience. We strive for high standards at The Bank and it appears that we fell short this time, for which I am truly sorry. I would be most grateful to receive further details on the matter so I can follow up on your feedback and rectify the issues, It would be most appreciated if you would be so kind as to contact me so we can discuss further.

Kind regards

Leighanna
General Manger
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Reviews are just opinions - try it for yourself!”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I've only been to this restraunt about 4 times, but i'd just like to throw in my two pence worth. Every time i've been, the starters and mains have been exceptionally tasty and good value, leaving me with hardly any room for dessert (which is unusual!) The staff have been the perfect balance of attentive and pleasant without being pushy or disingenuous, and i will certainly return. To be honest, i've never purchased any drinks except a soft drink or beer, but for these items, the prices have been exactly what i'd expect to pay. If you''re looking for high class fine dining, this probably isn't the place for you. If you are looking for a relaxed, chilled out meal with interesting and tasty options where you are never pestered or made to feel rushed out, you can bank on the Bank!

• Visited January 2013
glasgow
“weekly visits”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

my cousin and i visit weekly due to it being half way between our homes.. the ambience is good and glad to say since the chicken fahitas was put on menu the food has much improved.. just hope that the deal on Itison allows us to have the fahitas..

staff are extemely friendly and helpful

hope they continue to improve the food

• Visited January 2013