“Our favorite”
Review of La Fiorentina

La Fiorentina
Ranked #36 of 2,407 Restaurants in Glasgow
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
“Our favorite”
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Five stars for the food alone, although the atmosphere and service are also excellent. Would recommend the meatballs - easily the best I've had. Plenty of menu options to make sure the price is reasonable too.

Visited November 2013

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“We were quite impressed”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

A friend and I went into La Fiorentina on our way to the SECC for their set lunch. There were two different set lunch menus plus another menu of 'small plates' on a board outside but we weren't offered this menu inside despite me mentioning it. They guy did then offer the other two set menus, one at 5.95 and one at 8.95. Both are for 2 courses, however my friend wanted to have pizza so she dined from the more expensive one whereas I had penne arrabiate on the cheaper menu. We both then had fudge cake, and a coke. Total bill under £20. I thought this was great value.

Now, onto the food. Firstly they brought us some bread. While filling, it wasn't italian style bread really but it was nice and fluffy and came with butter. I ate some while waiting for my pasta. The pasta was good. My friend said her pizza was also good. She couldn't eat it all so I ended up tasting a bit but by that time it was getting cold but still seemed tasty. The fudge cake was really nice. Nicely presented with ice cream and cream and a strawberry. We did ask for no cream but fortunately it was just aerosol type cream so it was easy to move to the side.

As I say fantastic value, and I found the staff to be nice too. The checked on us regularly and the service was good. It got really busy and we had a short wait for the bill, but we put this down to it being busy.

I'd definitely go back if I was in the area. I'm not often in that area though, generally just when going to the SECC a couple of times a year.

• Visited October 2013
Glasgow
“One of the best Italian restaurants in Glasgow.”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have been going to La Fiorentina for several years now, and I was surprised to realize I have never left a review. The place is wonderful for food and service, what ever day or time I have been I have never had a bad meal. They do a take-away menu which is really good and pretty cheep as well. So for a good meal in the south side you cant really look any further.

• Visited September 2013
Bearsden, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Still very good food!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Went here last Friday lunchtime. (Normally go to Roma Mia, but its closed). Anyway the restaurant was quite quiet for a Friday. Had the salcissia con fagioli as a starter which was absolutely fantastic, followed by pasta principessa, which was equally good. Followed by a half carafe of the house red. And coffee and mints.. My wife had melon and roast beef which she said was good, I also had her cauliflower cheese, as I'm a greedy boy!. Service was a tiny bit slow, but so what ?, Who wants to be in and out of a restaurant in 1 hour, not me. The Irish waiter is very nice and chatty, as is the French guy, both have been there for years. Bill came to £32 which was ok. Have been going here on and off since 2001, so I still like it and will definitely return, no question.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Robert M
“Nice food, so so service”
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

I've been here a number of times over the years. Went last night on a 5pm deal, 2 courses for £12.50, but as with the Piccolo Mondo ( to which I suspect it's related) there seem to be a number of different menus with minor variations at different prices. The food was generally quite good, if not the hottest, but that's in part due to the service issues. Unfortunately I've never been here yet and had great service. It feels quite chaotic, in a relaxed sort of way, and it's actually quite amusing if you don't let it annoy you. Certainly don't expect to get your sides at the same time as your main course, all your sweets at the same time, or your drinks at any point before you collapse with dehydration. I had the haggis toscana to start (what appears to be a potato scone with a wee slice of haggis and a poached egg on top, covered in Balsamic) - nice and tasty, but took a long time to arrive from the kitchen and was pretty lukewarm by the time I got it. We all took pasta mains which were nice, if a little uninspiring, but we had to ask twice for the sides we'd ordered before they eventually appeared. Sweets were ok, again fine if not spectacular. Two of our party took coffees instead of sweets, and these arrived first. It took so long for the sweets to come the coffees were long since finished! Sadly, this isn't my first experience of the hit and miss service here - it seems to be just the way it is.
Total cost for two courses for 4 with 2 sweets, 2 coffees, 2 drinks and 4 soft drinks was £82, so not bad value on a deal.

Overall it's good value for the money with perfectly acceptable tasty food, but don't expect 5 star service.

Visited October 2013