“Great place to eat!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Malaga Tapas

Malaga Tapas
Ranked #13 of 2,387 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Home Style
Transit: We are close to Shield Road Underground station and Bus services run to/from City Centre to Pollokshaws Road and Pollokshields East Train Station.
“Great place to eat!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I visit Malaga Tapas regularly and I have to sum it up as amazing!

The staff waitress (Shelaine) and chef & part owner (Guillermo) are fantastic. They always remember you and chat away.

The food is authentic and different from other Tapas bars, the atmosphere is buzzing, warm and friendly.

I recommend this place to anyone.

2 Thank Reidlynne

“Great food, great atmosphere, a second visit on the cards.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

I went to Malaga Tapas on the 12th of January. I had the Paella de Mariscos and it was very good, the muscles were great and the fish melted in my mouth. The quality of the seafood, which in my opinion is critical made the Paella divine. This is a proper Spanish restaurant, were the food is cooked by proper Spanish chefs.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
“Amazing Spanish food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

This was my first experience of a tapas resturante. The staff are very friendly and a lovely place. The atmosphere is amazing , feels like sitting in a resturante in Spain. The food is great. Big portions and get value for money. Definitely come back again and I would recommend this resturante for anyone looking for good food at a decent price. 5 stars

3 Thank Paul1204
Kirkintilloch, Scotland, United Kingdom
“A little slice of Spain in Glasgow.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

We booked a table in Malaga Tapas for 7.30pm. When we turned up there was a queue at the door and my heart sank. I'd heard so many great reports about this place, I was disappointed that they hadnt a table ready for us. We decided that we'd wait for our table rather than get annoyed and miss out. 45 minutes later and our table was ready. Im delighted we waited. We chose the set menu and a few additions like bread and olive oil and the legendary chips! we'd heard so much about. WOW! The food is absolutely fantastic. The selection of Tapas from the set menu was varied and full of flavour and the waitress even brought us a little "extra" appetizer to sample. Quite honestly this is without exception the best place i've eaten in Glasgow if not the UK. It does get very busy and its only a small place, but the atmosphere is phenomenal. I challenge anyone to remember they are still in Glasgow while sitting eating in Malaga Tapas. Infact it was so authentic that some of the diners brought out Guitars and started singing Spanish songs and everyone - including the owners - joined in. It was beyond description how wonderful the night was. If you want Tapas and you're in Glasgow you MUST visit Malaga Tapas. Dont forget to try the deserts too - truly authentic Spanish fayre. I cant wait till our next visit.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Des H
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Mucho Bueno. Great place for Authentic Spanish cuisine.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Friday night visit on 28 December 2012.

This is a great place on Glasgow's south side. Fantastic Spanish atmosphere created by the Spanish hosts. The food is lovely.

We tried the set meal for two at just under £27. Great selection of Tapas was served up, a particular thumbs up to the beer battered king prawns and the lamb in a fantastic tomato type sauce. The lamb was the tenderest I have ever tasted anywhere.

We also ordered a couple of additional tapas of prawns in a chilli oil, which was delicious, and homemade Spanish black pudding in a quince sauce which was amazing (very strong chorizo flavour).

There were so many delicious sounding dishes on the menu that will require a few return visits to taste them.

Can't wait to go back.