“Not been for a while”

The Osprey
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Osprey in Newton Mearns is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I have recently started going to the Osprey again & find it much improved than a few years ago. The food is of good quality & reasonable with different deals on. This is pub grub style & nice. The service has been a bit slow at times & sometimes depending where you sit it can be cold. Nicely decorated place & very spacious. Will go back

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Sunday lunch was very pleasant at The Osprey. The atmosphere was very homley and comfortable and the food was excellent. All 4 of us chose different main course and desert dishes and no one was dissapointed. We would highly recommend a visit to The Osprey.

Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

I had the fish and chips it was very nice but there was not to much of it. It is nice inside and the staff seem nice. The only other thing that cheeses me off it that they take the continents away before you are finished you meal! Gggrrrr wish they trusted you a bit more!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

My wife and I gave the Osprey one final chance about a year ago, having given it up some years earlier. Well, despite the passage of years the Osprey had not changed, other than that it had become even more scruffy than we could remember.

We accepted that you pay for food at the bar before receiving it, and that you place a wooden spoon on your table so that the server can find you, but the food had the feel of part cooked meals which are either microwaved or part fried to finish the cooking.

Although the interior is intended to mirror the theme of it's former life as a farm building, it is quite frankly scruffy and dirty, and in need of a deep clean and a coat of fresh decor.

1  Thank Tabby2011
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I have been visiting The Osprey since it opened and have found that it has gone downhill, very disappointed with the service overall and overpriced for the portion sizes, I come from the area, however live in Leeds and I am a frequent customer to The New Inn at Scarcroft where to staff and service have been first class.

1  Thank lynn u