“Southside's Finest” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Barbarossa Restaurant Pizzeria

Barbarossa Restaurant Pizzeria
Ranked #277 of 2,388 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Getting to Barbarossa couldn’t be easier. Located within 2 minutes walk of Cathcart station, which itself is only a short journey from Glasgow Central station.
Description: Doors first opened in 2001, offering Glasgow's southside a high quality dining experience. With an extensive wine selection and a contemporary Scottish-Italian kitchen, there was enough to ensure everybody's palate was catered for.In 2008, Barbarossa extended with the opening of the Wine Bar area. A casual dining area for guests to enjoy the Italian grill & spuntini kitchen, sample one of the massive choices of wine by the glass, enjoy an espresso or make use of the private wine room for that special occasion.In May 2013, the evolution of Barbarossa continued. Changing with public demand and peoples change of dining habits, the restaurant and wine bar menus were both amalgamated, giving guests "the best of both worlds". Added to this was the vital ingredient of a new pizza section, overseen by a new pizza chef, Enzo, who arrived direct from the South of Italy
“Southside's Finest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Went midweek with my wife with the intention of ordering from the pre-theatre menu. However, ended up ordering from main menu as it all sounded so tempting. Both food and wine were wonderful and worth every penny. All the staff were friendly and welcoming and we're looking forward to going back.

1 Thank jarg74

GLASGOW
“That's Amore”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

My family and I have been visiting Barbarossa for many years, and have seen several changes to both the restaurant and the menus. What hasn't changed is the quality and choice of food on offer, or the personal service offered by the staff. As well as my husband and I eating there, we have large family gatherings to celebrate anniversaries and birthdays etc.
My daughters cannot recommend the Lobster Ravioli highly enough, or the pizzas; I personally love the Haggis and Prawn starter, and their steaks are amazing!! On our last visit they had a fabulous dessert on special...... three mini pastries, each filled with different flavours; cannoli, custard cream, and white chocolate with chocolate chips. See picture attached.
In the words of Dean Martin (almost), 'Scuse me, but you see Barbarossa and me ............ that's Amore x

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Kathrine M
Scotland
“Favourite Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

We go very often with friends and have never had anything less than completely wonderful. The food is delicious and service second to none.
Laura Brodie

Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ticked all our boxes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

It is no so easy to find somewhere to hold an evening business dinner/meeting and have all your needs accommodated at the same time. When booking I made reference to my plan for this and even though I was told no problem I really wasn't expecting the service we received.
Tucked away in a little private area we had ample space, ambiance and attention even though it meant our waiter working two areas of the restaurant - which he did seamlessly. Our Pre Theatre menu was great and very reasonable and the evening created just the right impression on my business guests. As a retailer myself service is pretty much always at the forefront of my mind and when I receive good service it does leave an impression- our waiter was fantastic with good humour, product knowledge and nothings a problem attitude- he made me the best Gin ever, adjusted the heating for us and made sure we had plenty of room for our laptops!
So to good service, delicious pre Theatre menu and ambient surroundings- Barbarossa you ticked all my boxes! Next time I will be back with kids.........;)

1 Thank WHITESPACEKIDS
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Shocking”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

I have been to Barbarossa many many times but have always been extremely disappointed with the Pre Theatre menu. Not lack of choice but lack of quantity. It is EXTREMELY annoying when Pre Theatre food is so obviously cut back on because it is a cheaper menu. There were five of us eating and four of us chose venison bolognese. All four dishes were sent back because there was less than a teaspoon of meat in the tomato sauce and pasta. Ridiculous. When the dishes were returned there was only two teaspoons of meat. Very sad. Not sure I would want to go back there now when there is so much choice and so many vouchers available where you get a reasonable portion size.

• 2 of 5 bubbles