“A good time despite a football loss!”
Review of WEST On The Green

WEST On The Green
Ranked #135 of 2,542 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: European, German
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups
Reviewed May 27, 2014

My husband paid a visit to the WEST Brewery before the Scottish Cup Final recently and despite being on the losing end of that we thoroughly enjoyed our visit to the WEST. It was very busy with fans of both teams but there was a great atmosphere and the size of the brewery allowed for many people to be inside and outside without the feeling of being crowded. We started with some food and the currywurst was great! Having had this in Bavaria I wasn't sure it would live up to my memory but it did not disappoint. The curry sauce was more like a BBQ type curry but still very tasty. The matching beer, although not being a big beer drinker I had to try, was light and suited the large sausages. The only criticism was the chips, very crispy fries which I ended up leaving as they kept bouncing off my plate as I stuck my fork in them. After eating we joined the rest of the football fans in the bar area and despite the number of people ordering beer the staff were very efficient and kept the serving going throughout the busy time. We were very glad they had relaxed the football colour rules as this was an ideal place for both sets of fans in good spirits to enjoy the pre match build up. There were no issues and an enjoyable time was had. Would definitely like to come back and maybe next time enjoy the tour of the brewery.

1  Thank WendyL735

Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Took the tour, the tasting and eat a 3 course diner. Great place to visit on a rainy day. Good standard brewing tour followed by a chance to taste 4 different beers. A lot of their speciality beers where out of stock.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Visited WEST on a Thursday night for their comedy club & had a bite to eat before hand. Service was quick & friendly and the burgers were great. Not the most aesthetically pleasing food but as long as it tastes good I'm not bothered. Fantastic atmosphere and very reasonably priced. I'm not a beer person but my partner loved it.

Will definitely be back for more food and the next comedy night!

Reviewed May 16, 2014

We have been twice in this restaurant and both times we were pleased with the food/drinks and service. First time it was on a Friday night and the place was really busy but food still came fast.Second time we went for lunch on Thursday and the restaurant wasn't very busy. There is a baby grand piano inside but unfortunately nobody plays (the staff was very kind saying that if we want to play the piano we are free to do it but to play properly...It is a MUST for next time. Too bad they don't have someone to play live music; during busy evenings the place is a bit noisy and we had to speak quite loud, so if you like a quite evening maybe you choose a different place-or go during day time.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

My partner and I have been here a couple of times when visiting Glasgow and we've found it excellent. The beer is delicious and the service has always been helpful and friendly. The pub/restaurant itself is huge and very well presented, and it has been really bustling and busy each time we've been in. We've also enjoyed the huge portions of food; the venison casserole with red cabbage and pork schnitzel with mushroom sauce are worth particular mention - great, hearty German-style food! We will be back next time we are in Glasgow and we'll hopefully do a brewery tour as they sound great.