“Great Service”

and 1 more site!
Glasgow Guest House
Ranked #2 of 35 Glasgow B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 5, 2013

The service was absolutely first rate and the staff were so friendly and helpful. A full Scottish breakfast was a perfect pick-me-up in the morning. The location is great for Rennie Mackintosh's House for an Art Lover, set in the beautiful Bellahouston Park. I've payed two or three times as much for London hotels and not had such a good stay as I did at Glasgow Guest House.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We have just spent two nights at Glasgow Guest House, very comfortable, clean, warm and welcoming. After a difficult drive out of Glagow from the Kelvingrove Museum, John told us to use the train to go into the city centre, Dumbreck Station is just five minutes walk away and a return ticket is £2. Glasgow is a great city to visit and Johns' local knowledge and enthusiasm for his home town took us to some great places. We walked to the Burrell Collection which took us about 30 minutes. The stunning House for an Art Lover is 5 minutes walk, and has a very good restaurant for lunch. Glasgow city centre is very attractive especially with it's Christmas lights, it also had a Christmas Market and outdoor ice rink so we choose a good time to visit.
We only decided to visit Glasgow because we wanted to see the Jack Vettriano exhibition, but we loved it and hope to return.

Room Tip: Our room was at the back of the house and was very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Anne W
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Thanks so much to John for making this a wonderful overnight stay for us both, from the very moment we arrived to the very moment we left nothing was too much bother for him, room ( flat within guesthouse ) was spacious, spotless, warm and very well decorated. breakfast was spot on, plenty off parking, so no problems there either. altogether a superb place to stay if visiting Glasgow. no wonder this place has number one spot on Tripadvisor - 100% deserved !! thanks so much again john will certainly be back mate !! john and ang - Dunfermline.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John H
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stayed 3 nights as I was attending a work course nearby. John is an extremely attentive host, nothing seemed too much. The room was nicer than some 5 star hotels I have stayed in. I know the guest kitchen had all the facilities but it would have been nice to have tea/ coffee making facilities in the room. Not that it spoiled my stay just a very small comment. I found both John & James easy to talk to and friendly they made me feel very welcome. I would highly recommend this guest house and will definitely stay again. excellent.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank anne p
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Firstly, Can i just point out that the 1 negative comment below should be ignored.

I was staying from Sunday night through to Thursday (which turned out to be Friday) for work purposes. I was made very welcome from the off by John and could tell straight away that we would get on very well. This Guest House really is something special, the attention to detail is second to none. I ventured into the room under the stairs to get the iron and found a trove of other items like hair straighteners, curlers, shampoo etc... So if you forget anything - rest assured it will be there!

The rooms are beautiful, and to say this place needed a lady's touch - that's just a load of rubbish. You can tell by the pictures that the rooms are of a high standard. I stayed in room 1 (the largest) the first night where John informed me the internet wasn't very good there so the next night I was moved to room 6 (i believe) for the rest of the week where the internet was at it's strongest.

The breakfasts are delicious and full of variety. Again, there would be days when i would forget to tell John what i wanted for breakfast and he'd just cook me what i wanted there and then.

I have stayed in some amazing hotels in my life but this Guest House, the attentiveness of the staff, owner, location really does put itself up there with some of the best. John liked to say people forget that this is 'just a guest house*' I'm sorry John, but it's easy to do that when people who are so dedicated to their work show their passion as much as you.

Will I stay again - Of course! I'm hoping to re-book before Christmas and actually explore Glasgow and the shops this time and perhaps a drink!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CharlotteLouiseT
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I'm a travelling comedian and stay all over the UK. This place was great, such friendly service. A great place to stay. I hardly ever review - this is my first I think - I was bowled over by their passion for running a good joint.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank dommo42
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My partner and I stayed here in June and I must apologise for not writing this review sooner. From the moment my partner and I arrived at the Glasgow Guest House and met John and James we were made to feel extremely welcome. John informed us of places of interest nearby and gave us our keys to our room which was pleasantly furnished and spotless. These standards were matched throughout the guest house. Breakfast cereals were plentiful plus a choice of cooked breakfast or fruit platter. John even ordered our taxi as we were going to a concert nearby. On arrival we were a little early and John was out but when he arrived he made us bowls of fresh strawberries and cream and brought them out to us whilst we were sitting in the sun. John and James are fantastic hosts and I would definitely return again, again and again!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple