“Perfect location”

Ranked #9 of 38 Glasgow B&B and Inns
Carrollton, Texas
“Perfect location”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Adelaide's has it all, helpful staff, great location for the tourist, substantial breakfast. Ted and staff were friendly and helpful. Location great for the Glasgow School of Art, Sauchiehill Street, bus and restaurants . Jerry and Jean both prepared a great breakfast, substantial way to start the day. Wifi was a little tricky, but the staff did their best to help with the situation. I personally loved the idea of a repurposed church meeting different needs in the community. If you want a personable experience of Glasgow, this may be the place for you.

Room Tip: The room we shared was large and spotless. There are stairs to climb, for us a minor detail. Music...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Donna C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Beeston, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Adelaide's is not your usual Guest House. Glance down to the right as you approach the door and you see a playground for Nursery children: enter the building and to your right is an entrance to the church and community space and to your left is the reception area staffed on alternate days by cheerful Ted and ever-helpful Lisa. My companion and I spent 8 nights here: she was in room 6 and I opted for room 1 (fewer steps). Adelaide's is on Bath Street ; a street that runs parallel with Sauchiehall Street It is a great location for walking to sites of interest or catching buses.I was the only occupant of a warm, comfortable and clean (thanks Jennifer) twin-bedded room with generous en suite- facilities.My room was a semi-basement at the front of the building so some street noise, but I found it excellent value. Lisa and Ted could not have been more welcoming or helpful. We will return to Adelaide's in June 2015. Thanks Adelaide's!

Room Tip: I chose room 1 to avoid stairs. Less natural light but good artificial light for reading. Street noi...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank HJH211
Pune, India
Reviewed March 23, 2014

This is a great off-beat B&B tucked away in the middle of bustling Glasgow. The room was comfortable and sure clean. I did not stay for breakfast though, although I wish I had. The staff was helpful and nice.

The downside was that there was a lot of noise in the alley in the night (something crashed and even woke me up) but that's not the B&B's fault.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank AR698
Sunderland
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I was struggling for a room in Glasgow city centre as there were a number of conferences on. Laterooms were offering a 2 star room, with breakfast for a reasonable sum at Adelaides. Got to admit - 2 star, unusual frontage - I wasn't keen. Butm the TripAdvisor reviews were good so I booked.

I arrived late to Central Station, got a taxi as it'd be about a 20-25 min walk. "Could you no find anywhere else" wasn't a great reply to my ask of the destination - but the warm welcome from reception and offers of help and assistance were fantastic.

Its a lot of stairs, but big rooms. I'd stayed in a Travelodge the day before and this was better. Lots of tea/coffee - soaps and shower gel should you have forgotten. Comfy bed. Quiet. when you travel a lot places can feel generic and impersonal. At Adelaides, I felt like a guest.

Not to far from lots of good places to eat on Sauchiehall Street.

I've great admiration for what the attached church has had in terms of vision for generating income, and looking to be part of the community.

The only downside for me was a lack of wifi in the building - wifi in reception would be fine. I'd likely have complained less about this if EE hadn't had a major network outage the night I was staying.

Not a breakfast person, I skipped mine. But I think its good that you've the option to get at least something.

I'll admit to being dubious despite the excellent reviews - I should have had more faith. Next time i'm in Glasgow, I'll look them up.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank andymwood
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I stayed at this incredibly awesome establishment on my first trip to Glasgow to attend a concert. I was thoroughly impressed with the kindness and homeliness provided by the employees of this hotel! In addition, the location was unsurpassed in terms of providing you with the perfect location to see all the important tourist sights that Glasgow has to offer.

I had a particular occasion where I was trying to book how to get to my next destination which happened to be Brighton and was researching the best way to get there from Glasgow. To complicate things further, I did not have cash and very few places took credit card in Glasgow. Consequently, I was at a big disadvantage. One of the employees of the hotel was especially helpful in assisting my research and even allowing me to use the hotel computer to book my flight and train reservations for my next destination. The hotel was also able to book me a taxi to get to the airport and provide me with a cash advance to pay the taxi as well.

All in all, I could not have asked for a better hotel to spend my 4 nights in Glasgow! If you happen to book a trip here, Adelaide's is the perfect place to stay! I also loved the breakfast and friendliness of the cook staff as well who were able to provide me with a breakfast on my check out day in spite of leaving in the very early morning on a Saturday.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank christina25
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 10, 2013

This was a GREAT place to stay for a long weekend, and I would have stayed longer if I had been able to. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful, the location was fantastic, and the room was clean and spacious. It was my first time in Glasgow, and I would definitely go back -- both to the city and to Adelaides. If you're looking for an enormous breakfast, this is not the place for you, but I was happy with a continental breakfast, and the price of the room was pretty unbeatable. I was very happy with my stay here, and would definitely go back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Katie J
Fort Worth
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Based on other tripadvisor reviews, we stayed here for 4 days and really enjoyed making this our home base. We agree with the other reviewers about the friendly staff. In our stay we interacted with at least 6 folks and they were all friendly and helpful.

Additionally we were able to hear 3 local choirs rehearse through the walls in our room (6). This was a nice bit of lagniappe.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family