“5 Stars but worth 10 if given the option! Excellent place to stay for my short stay in Glasgow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Adelaides

Adelaides
Ranked #9 of 38 Glasgow B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

I stayed at this incredibly awesome establishment on my first trip to Glasgow to attend a concert. I was thoroughly impressed with the kindness and homeliness provided by the employees of this hotel! In addition, the location was unsurpassed in terms of providing you with the perfect location to see all the important tourist sights that Glasgow has to offer.

I had a particular occasion where I was trying to book how to get to my next destination which happened to be Brighton and was researching the best way to get there from Glasgow. To complicate things further, I did not have cash and very few places took credit card in Glasgow. Consequently, I was at a big disadvantage. One of the employees of the hotel was especially helpful in assisting my research and even allowing me to use the hotel computer to book my flight and train reservations for my next destination. The hotel was also able to book me a taxi to get to the airport and provide me with a cash advance to pay the taxi as well.

All in all, I could not have asked for a better hotel to spend my 4 nights in Glasgow! If you happen to book a trip here, Adelaide's is the perfect place to stay! I also loved the breakfast and friendliness of the cook staff as well who were able to provide me with a breakfast on my check out day in spite of leaving in the very early morning on a Saturday.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank christina25

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

This was a GREAT place to stay for a long weekend, and I would have stayed longer if I had been able to. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful, the location was fantastic, and the room was clean and spacious. It was my first time in Glasgow, and I would definitely go back -- both to the city and to Adelaides. If you're looking for an enormous breakfast, this is not the place for you, but I was happy with a continental breakfast, and the price of the room was pretty unbeatable. I was very happy with my stay here, and would definitely go back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Katie J
Fort Worth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

Based on other tripadvisor reviews, we stayed here for 4 days and really enjoyed making this our home base. We agree with the other reviewers about the friendly staff. In our stay we interacted with at least 6 folks and they were all friendly and helpful.

Additionally we were able to hear 3 local choirs rehearse through the walls in our room (6). This was a nice bit of lagniappe.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Newport News, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

My travel companion and I enjoyed the spacious room and bathroom. The staff was welcoming and helpful, Ted should do stand up comedy! The house was close to shops and eating and to city for sights. The breakfast is not stellar,so you may want to supplement but there are plenty of places to do that nearby. Definitely worth the visit, we would go back!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Totton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

By the time I leave I would have been here a week. It is an excellent place to stay. Very close to the town centre however it is very quiet. The staff are wonderful and always pleased to help you. Breakfast is freshly cooked and nothing is too much trouble. I will certain return if I can.

Room Tip: I stayed in an ensuite room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Derry Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

A short overnight stop was all I needed, and after a lot of searching online I came across Adelaides, and I'm glad I did. Located two minutes literally from King Tuts where I was to see the mighty Francis Dunnery in concert. Friendly staff, comfortable room, clean, safe. When I return to Glasgow again, whenever that may be, I'll be checking availability at Adelaides before I would even consider looking elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Ipswich, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Staff very friendly and helpful! Beds extremely comfy. Location great for walking to attractions or bus/train. We walked everywhere, and staff was very accommodating when we needed a taxi, or directions, or even recommendations for dining. Budget so no frills, but safe, homey, and welcoming. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family