“Great location, friendly people”
Review of Adelaides

Adelaides
Ranked #10 of 36 Glasgow B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Great location, friendly people”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

This was a GREAT place to stay for a long weekend, and I would have stayed longer if I had been able to. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful, the location was fantastic, and the room was clean and spacious. It was my first time in Glasgow, and I would definitely go back -- both to the city and to Adelaides. If you're looking for an enormous breakfast, this is not the place for you, but I was happy with a continental breakfast, and the price of the room was pretty unbeatable. I was very happy with my stay here, and would definitely go back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Katie J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Fort Worth
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Based on other tripadvisor reviews, we stayed here for 4 days and really enjoyed making this our home base. We agree with the other reviewers about the friendly staff. In our stay we interacted with at least 6 folks and they were all friendly and helpful.

Additionally we were able to hear 3 local choirs rehearse through the walls in our room (6). This was a nice bit of lagniappe.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

My travel companion and I enjoyed the spacious room and bathroom. The staff was welcoming and helpful, Ted should do stand up comedy! The house was close to shops and eating and to city for sights. The breakfast is not stellar,so you may want to supplement but there are plenty of places to do that nearby. Definitely worth the visit, we would go back!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Totton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2013

By the time I leave I would have been here a week. It is an excellent place to stay. Very close to the town centre however it is very quiet. The staff are wonderful and always pleased to help you. Breakfast is freshly cooked and nothing is too much trouble. I will certain return if I can.

Room Tip: I stayed in an ensuite room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Derry Ireland
Reviewed November 1, 2013

A short overnight stop was all I needed, and after a lot of searching online I came across Adelaides, and I'm glad I did. Located two minutes literally from King Tuts where I was to see the mighty Francis Dunnery in concert. Friendly staff, comfortable room, clean, safe. When I return to Glasgow again, whenever that may be, I'll be checking availability at Adelaides before I would even consider looking elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Ipswich, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Staff very friendly and helpful! Beds extremely comfy. Location great for walking to attractions or bus/train. We walked everywhere, and staff was very accommodating when we needed a taxi, or directions, or even recommendations for dining. Budget so no frills, but safe, homey, and welcoming. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank J01938
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have lost count of how many years I have returned to the warmth of this humble B&B. If you are a first- timer, or repeat visitor to Glasgow, and have yet to stay at Adelaides, I would encourage you to give them a try. You may find swankier digs in the west end, but there is a beauty of simplicity about the place, and in travels world wide, I have never encountered a friendlier staff. Ted is an invaluable source of help and information, and should probably be given the key to the city as one of it's kindest ambassadors.

Room Tip: Ask Ted...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo