“Very friendly helpful service, excellent location for visiting the city”
Review of Adelaides

Adelaides
Ranked #10 of 36 Glasgow B&B and Inns
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Very friendly helpful service, excellent location for visiting the city”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed at Adelaide's during a very enjoyable week visiting Glasgow. The reception and service, by a variety of staff, was always friendly and helpful. The general decor is basic but my (single) room was warm and comfortable, and excellent value. The continental breakfast was very acceptable, though I felt the room could be made more inviting, probably by replacing the cold fluorescent lighting. The location is ideal, being walking distance from the city centre (including Central station) yet accessible to the West End including Kelvingrove. I attended a show at the Kings Theatre which is minutes away. The Adelaides project has to be commended - funding church maintenance by commercial enterprise. These include hiring the hall for outside social events, and though there was a party on one night which disturbed some guests, I did not feel affected myself.

Room Tip: Single room with shared bathroom very good value for solo traveller
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Received a very warm welcome from the staff at Adelaide's. This guest house has the advantage of being in the City Center with easy access to the train station, subway (underground) and many popular sightseeing destinations. What stands out, however, is the friendliness of each and every one of the staff at Adelaide's. I noticed that there were many return guests passing through and after having stayed here I now understand why. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank LA_Dornita
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I visited Adelaides recently with a friend who has been there before. Venue city centre location. The enviroment was good, premium cost in a safe central location near Glasgow School of Art
There was a real welcome here and a helpful attitude
the accomodation was comfortable
The staff also dealt well with something I mislaid much appreciated
I will recomend Adelaides to lots of folks

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Washington, DC
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed at Adelaides one of the four nights staying in Glasgow. In hindsight, we would have changed our plans to stay at the B&B for all four nights instead of one. The furnishings had some IKEA elements, but who doesn't love IKEA? Clean, spacious, and safe accommodations - we were in room 7(top floor). We had skylight in our room. Loved that the room had not only the traditional shortbread, tea and coffee, but also hot chocolate packets waiting for us. There's a tv and alarm clock in the room, but we didn't use either. This review received an "excellent" for two reasons: 1) the staff are so friendly and warm and 2) this is a place that will not nickle and dime you.

Even though we were on vacation, I had to do some unexpected work that required a computer, internet, and printer. I asked the front desk if there was an Internet Cafe nearby, but they offered everything that I needed onsite. But here's the nice part, they did not charge me for usage time or printing (three pages - not much, but big hotels would have charged).

At breakfast, you are welcomed by a host/cook and waiting to take your beverage order. I think they offered a cooked breakfast, but we did not want one. We were content with the continental breakfast.

Lastly, what a terrific world this place would be if there were more folks like Ted. What a delightful person, making our visit just an extra special. If you know American football, you'll have a very good conversation!

Room Tip: We were on the top floor, which means three flights of stairs. I don't think there are elevator...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TrackingMileage
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I just spent one night and reserved a single room with shared bath. Everything met my expectations. Breakfast was very good with lots of healthy choices. Front desk staff were very obliging and helpful. Only small glitch was bath tub that needed some repairs. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012
Canada
Reviewed August 31, 2012

What a warm, friendly BnB - but set up like a hotel! I arrived in July to find they had upgraded my room, which was lovely and up to date, very clean and comfortable. Both receptionists were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good. They kept my bags for me after I had checked out, and even returned a call I had missed while I was out! Any recommendations they made were spot on. I chose to spend the evening in my room because it was so comfortable. This was the best BnB of my trip, and all were good. This is the place to stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My husband and I had never been to Scotland before, found Adelaide's online, and could not have felt more welcome and at home. Arriving after an overnight flight exhausted, confused, and a little lost, Ted ushered us quickly into breakfast (long before check-in time) and gave us advice on quick excursions to keep us entertained until our room was ready. It was honestly very much like traveling around the world and then coming home where you could trust that your mother would take care of everything. It was clean, comfortable, breakfast available whenever you wanted it, and has the friendliest staff anyone could dream of. I immediately booked another night for my return trip alone, knowing that I would feel like I was staying with friends.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business