“Always good food at Butterfly and the Pig”

The Butterfly And The Pig
Ranked #55 of 2,486 Restaurants in Glasgow
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2011

I have been here numerous times for both dinner and lunch. The food is always great and at fairly reasonable prices. My last visit to the Butterfly and Pig was for lunch with a friend. I had the Steak Pie with chips (very tasty) and my friend had the black pudding salad which she said was delicious! I have never had a bad meal here, my only criticism is the menu variety could be better, the menu doesn't seem to change much. However, I would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed January 13, 2011

Good food, better pub excellent homely comfort food, I'm only taking a point off because the they will use 25 words where 2 will do on the menu. I suppose some people will find it quirky and charming but not I.

Reviewed December 14, 2010

We went into the Butterfly and pig by chance on a busy Saturday lunch.Staying in a nearby hotel and with a massive hangover and Christmas shopping to do we both needed food
that was going to give us joy ! and cure that hangover !
This place is a gem it's menu is quirky and after a hard night it is the perfect place to relax
with a glass of wine (good selection by the glass) The food was fun as well, black pudding salad with Quail egg,tasty soup and the best cloutie dumpling since last Christmas at another Glasgow Restaurant.The look of the place is old style front room and none of the plates or cutlery match and it works.and our hangover was gone !!
We will be back soon.

Reviewed December 13, 2010

I had soup which was tasty but cool. The sandwiches were enormous glad I did not order both. Tea was lovely in china cups and the cake devine but a bit expensive. We were there on a really cold day and it was warm and friendly, we would go back.

Reviewed October 22, 2010

This is a quirky fun restaurant with great food and a great vibe. We had Smoked Salmon Terrine- a giant wedge containing layers of smoked salmon and spinach. Oh so delicious. And a wonderful steak & ale pie, listed on the menu as "Ye olde style poofy puff pastry Steakie steak pie with babay potatoes & vegetables to fill you full full like mama's dinner table". If I lived in Glasgow, I would eat here all the time.