“Very Good Bar Food”

Ranked #56 of 2,521 Restaurants in Glasgow
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We had a very enjoyable meal in the bar area at lunch time. The starters were excellent, the prawn starter superb. The sirloin steaks were cooked as requested and were well presented. All washed down with a very drinkable house red. The prices were reasonable and appropriate for the location.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,190)

Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

Simply I have visited 3 times now with my girlfriend and we both love it.

Great food. Great staff and a great cuppa tea.

I'll be back soon.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

First visit and am very fond of this restaurant already. Very relaxed atmosphere half foody bar, half restaurant. Clever layout so the TVs in the bar cannot be heard or seen in the dining area even though it is pretty much the same room. Lots of thought gone into it. Menu extensive, amusing and choc full of good stuff. Meal was excellent, drinks good too. Very much recommended if you are passing! We visited at lunchtime - they appear to have DJs in the evening which worried me slightly but didnt experience it myself.

Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Overall very satisfied with with TBAP. Booked for a company night out. Great communication back and forth. Great service, didnt wait long inbetween meals. We were situated within the private dinner area, great little room and outstanding decor. We definitely attend again.

In terms of price I cannot comment to much as this was fully paid for by the Company.

Only faults were we had to flag someone down to take drink orders (However was exceptionaly busy as there was 3 other private rooms for 2 waiting staff to attend to)

I had the Meat Soup to start
Venison Wellington for main
Spiced orange cheesecake

Venison was slightly overdone for my liking but when cooking en masse this is understandable.

Other than those two minor faults the night was perfect!!!

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I have just returned from a great meal, again!! We were here last year for our work`s Christmas night out and 20 of us returned. Some were put off from coming back as we were previously in a cramped and noisy space. Not so this year! We had the Drawing Room to ourselves and a good number of waiting staff. Service was great and unobtrusive. My starter was beetroot and goat's cheese stack with pesto. Yummy!! I was a wee bit apprehensive about ordering the venison en croute but I needn't have worried. It was cooked to perfection and pink in the middle. Nice crispy pastry, duxelle of mushrooms and shallots was excellent as was the pate. It was served with a range of roasted vegetables, chipolatas and roast potatoes. We even had a wee taster of haggis, neeps and tatties before the main course. For dessert, I chose the creme brulee which was just the right size compared to the other mountainous desserts. We all received a glass of prosecco with dessert. A fantastic meal with excellent service! It's not what I typically expect when I go out for a Christmas meal with a bunch of folk!! I`m going to make sure that I`'ll be going back before next Christmas!!