“Couldn't fault this place.”

The Butterfly And The Pig
Ranked #56 of 2,473 Restaurants in Glasgow
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Booked here for my friend's birthday and so glad that I did. The service was fantastic, nothing was too much trouble for the staff. Our waitress Jen was so attentive and friendly, she really made us feel welcome. The food was delicious, so fresh and came out really quickly (we were a party of 15 and thought we'd maybe have to wait - not the case at all). Couldn't recommend highly enough. Thanks for a brilliant night.

There are newer reviews for The Butterfly And The Pig

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Had Afternoon Tea early afternoon .... Huge ,( two hands required) sandwiches .Which had been assembled with stale bread. Traybake cakes & stale scones . the oatcake & smoked salmon were excellent . Had to ask for a second pot of tea .
Complained about the stale bread & the manager reduced the total account , which was only fair & correct.
Afternoon tea needs to be more refined ! Too much food stuck onto a cakestand The wasteage levels must be high!
Still do not understand why they call it "Vintage " afternoon tea.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

I wasn't convinced the first time I visited Butterfly and Pig for lunch. The service was painfully slow and I left half of my fish pie, an action so unheard of it was worthy of a facebook status update. This, second time around, I was dragged there by a friend who is always raving about the place and I must admit, it won be over! The servcie was still slow (we were only a few minutes away from asking how long it would be) but the food was delicious. In our party of 7, each plate was sumptuous and invoked food envy until the next plate was brought out. I had the special of the day - seabass with a smooth and silky mashed potato and a vibrant side salad. It was delicious and although £12.50 is expensive for one course of lunch, was definitely worth it.

Pros: Delicious food with generous portions
Homemade chips a bit soggy and just the way I like them!
Fishcake almost got a standing ovation.

Cons: Super slow service!!
Two of our party who ordered the steak sandwich said that there wasn't a lot of steak.
The quirky menu, while cute, is actually a bit of a headache to read! Would be good if they told you plainly what the actual food was and then they could follow it up with a quirky commentary.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

A group of friends and I went here for a bubbly afternoon tea. Three trays of food between 7 of us and it was too much. Food was all fresh and you get to pick and choose what sandwiches etc you want. Bubbly was lovely too. Staff were friendly, place was clean and had character. Don't know if it was the size of the room we were in, as it used to be a house, but it was very noisy and I found it hard to hear what people at the other end of our table were saying. Other than that can't fault it.
Terrible waste of food though as we were sitting were they binned the excess food. Maybe should think about smaller trays of food!

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Best place for an afternoon tea extravaganza. Unbelievable cakes and sandwiches in a grandiose but cosy setting. Staff are friendly and provide charm in a relaxing atmosphere. A great place to indulge with friends.