“Kitsch but complicated”

Ranked #56 of 2,522 Restaurants in Glasgow
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

The menu for this place baffled me, play on words, jokey titles etc. I just want to know what I'm ordering! A little too complicated and lengthy for me liking although they do almost set us this disclaimer. Chips were excellent and homemade, chicken fillet burger was ok but nothing too exciting, a little dry in fact. One of our party has the roast and it was fine. Decent enough place, just didn't quite meet up to my expectations from the quaint and minutely planned decor.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,190)

Reviewed September 17, 2013

This was my 2nd visit to Butterfly & Pig and it was delightful yet again. I had the sweet potato and goats cheese salad although what was supposed to be sweet potato was definitely roasted squash, it was still delicious.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

my husband and I were at the butterfly and the pig yesterday for my birthday lunch what can I say?we had a wonderful lunch as we have previously. great menu you never know what to expect. all beautifully cooked staff very friendly and professional. please go you wont be disappointed. Julie and hugh sneddon.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Had a lovely meal with 5 friends here as part of my partner and I's birthday celebrations in July this year. Immediately there was a very friendly atmosphere and some tempting aromas wafting around the establishment. Quirky table setting where all the furniture and cutlery was different to the one next to you made us smile while waiting for our delicious meals. The menu is fun to read as well as order from when the waiter looks at you with a mischievous grin as you try to let him know what you want. All in all I would thoroughly recommend Butterfly and Pig. Will be back :D

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Ordered 3 different wines and they were sold out and eventually got one they had and it was good.

Food was hearty and good portion and a lovely atmosphere.

We stayed for the band afterwards and had a very enjoyable evening. xx