“a nice day out in glasgow”

The Butterfly And The Pig
Ranked #54 of 2,488 Restaurants in Glasgow
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2013

we had a great day in Glasgow and the butterfly and pig was a great place to have A meal, the service was great and the food great, staff friendly and helpful, would definitely go again but realise it gets busy and especially on a Saturday another lovely place to go

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We went to this well known tea house for high tea on Saturday with huge expectation!
But overall, i was disappointed... service was good, but the food not. I have to say the atmosphere is nice....
Tea -> probably one of the most important items in High tea experience; I picked English Breakfast... and i was disappointed to find ordinary tea bag in my pot!
Sandwich, salmon starters, cakes etc -> nothing much to say.... ordinary and ok-ish.
Considering the price that i paid.... I won't come back again!
To the Butterfly & Pig,
Please do your tea well! i.e. tea leafs, flowering tea blooms etc.... I think you might need a new pastry chef?

3  Thank DonYmanchester
Reviewed May 4, 2013

The food was fantastic, the menu gave a good selection of different dishes. The staff were polite and attentive. The mis-matched crockery was a brilliant theme, old hand embroided tableclothes added to the uniqueness. Definintely will return

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Excellent venue, the food is great. I have been several times for drinks, dinner and lunch. The food is excellent, big pots of stew and really good variety, all home made. The staff are always very friendly, they sometimes have home-made crisps on the bar. There is often live music and generally a very good atmosphere and you can go to the club above if you feel like staying out longer!!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have to say that I am very easy pleased and love my food.I was therefore very disappointed to suggest this venue to my family who wanted to treat me for my birthday.I had great comments from friends who had highly recommended The Butterfly and the Pig. My starter was lovely "The Goats Cheese tart" The deep fried prawns and mozzarella cheese however was disappointing as the batter was greasy and tasteless. The family had the steak pie which they thoroughly enjoyed.I had the lamb cutlets which were full of fat and what lamb I could find was wasted by the taste of fat. The waiters were so pleasant I did not have the heart to complain but we decided to go elsewhere for our sweet and coffee...... a disappointing birthday treat but hope I was just unlucky as the other reviews posted seem very positive.We loved the quirky decor, crockery etc and the service was first class.

1  Thank marion m