“Perfect”

The Butterfly And The Pig
Ranked #47 of 2,393 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Bar, European, British, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

Low-key but cute atmosphere. Interesting, tasty, well-priced food. Friendly and capable service. Only complaints: too hard to choose from the menu and we ate too much....

• Korean first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great Food, Brilliant Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

Went with my partner, had a great time! Server was hilarious and food was just so nice! lovely quirky place

Visited February 2012
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great food, great pub, slow staff!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

I love this place so much, always introduce friends to it but was in last night and while we were seated, another 3 tables of two came in. we ordered and waited about an hour for our food, meantime the 3 tables WERE served there food and one table had even FINISHED eating before we got ours!! We only ordered 3 burgers and 1 bangers & mash!!!! I was VERY dissapointed!!!

I hope they see this complaint and act on it as I am a regular customer and I introduce a lot of friends to this place!

• Visited April 2012
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great pub grub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

I have been to the Butterfly and Pig several times for food and am never disappointed.
At the weekend (and often week nights) you really have to book as it is so popular. Great value for money and really good variety on the menu. Portions are huge.
I have also always found staff to be really helpful and really like the decor - although the menu is written in what I find to be a slightly irritating quirky style. I like that you always get a jug of water and good value for money carafes of house wine.
A reliable favourite in the city centre.

• Visited February 2012
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Quirky, friendly, delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

We stumbled across this place while looking for lunch, and I remembered I had seen positive reviews of it. We opted for the upstairs tearooms which offered light snacks, rather than the larger, more expensive restaurant menu.

We both ordered the soup and sandwich deal - at around £8, this seemed a little expensive, but looking at the display of cakes on offer we were confident it would be worth it! Both soups (haggis/tomato & mascarpone) were freshly made and the sandwiches were generously sized, with quality ingredients. They were served with a garnish of crisps and salad. The other food I saw being brought out looked equally tempting - particularly the afternoon tea stands filled with cakes and sandwiches. Unfortunately we were too full for a slice of cake!

Service was friendly and attentive and the tearoom is really cosy, with old-fashioned furniture and crockery. I would definitely recommend this place and go back next time I'm in Glasgow.

• Visited April 2012