“Good find!”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: You will find The Drum and Monkey in St. Vincent Street Glasgow within a short stroll of George Square, Central Station and Queen Street Station - however you won't find another like it.Step in to discover a traditional pub of unique character, revered for its eclectic range of real ales and its quality pub food, which are served, as they should be, with a generous measure of famous British hospitality.The Drum and Monkey is one of many rare gems in the Nicholson's collection of great British pubs, reputed for their distinctive buildings, intriguing history and vibrant atmosphere.
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Stumbled on the Drum & Monkey whilst looking for a bite to eat.
Pleased to see it was a Nicholson's Pub - always a safe, and very good, bet!

Good range of Ales, and the food was nice too!

Will pop back if in Glasgow again.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Being for the first time in Scotland, I consider myself lucky to have discovered this place on Sunday, the 18-th of August, at lunch time. Genuine, traditional food, good beer and very friendly staff! Lots of locals having lunch - which is my best indicator that I am eating in the right place. Totally recommend the fish & chips and the pies.

At first I was a little confused wether to wait at the table or order at the bar. I finally went at the bar, placed my order and all was just fine. Probably the local custom.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

My wife and I were walking around Glasgow Saturday night looking for a snack and found the Drum & Monkey Pub. It was very crowded, but we found a table in the bar area and the staff was very helpful on how and where to order. The beers and drinks were great and we had the smoked salmon and a hamburger which was just right. Enough food and drink to make us happy. The barmen were very friendly and made our visit pleasant . We'd go back to Drum & Monkey again for sure.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We quite often end up here late afternoon/early evening on a Saturday after shopping. I like the white wine (Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc) he likes the ales on offer (good range) and there's always a lively atmosphere.
We eat here from time to time, and though it's a chain, the food is fine and the staff are always helpful.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I've been going to the Drum on my visits to Glasgow for a great many years. It has to be said though that Nicholson's Inns have developed an already fine business into a city centre boozer with both a friendly 'local' feel to it and delicious pub grub.
I'd particularly recommend the fish basket or the burgers, but, whatever you choose, there are always a few nice real ales available, and staff are happy to let you have a wee taste before you buy.
Architecturally speaking, the bar - an old bank building - compares very favourably in terms of design and décor with splendid older establishments such as the nearby Horse Shoe and The State Bar (both worth seeking out).
Be warned though, at weekends it can get very busy, so if you want a table for food, it's worth ringing ahead. Staff are always happy to help though, so don't be afraid to ask if a table is available.
A wee gem where you can go and catch your breath away from the hurley-burley of life outside!