“Fantastic Indian”

Balbir's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Balbir's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #105 of 2,573 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Modern Indian Restaurant, In June 2016, the restaurant closed for refurbishment. This was part of a year-long project to update from being just a restaurant, to being a more complete dining experience. It was very important to us that we didn’t lose ‘what made us special’ but at the same time allow us to celebrate the diversity of Indian food. ​ Updates include A new Bar/ Brassiere with open kitchen serving Small Plates, Indian Grill & Street Food A new lounge area for guests after dinner Private dining for 8 to 10 guests Deli and spice market (due to open mid summer 2018) This place is temporarily closed due to renovation. It will reopen in late summer 2017
Reviewed August 5, 2013

One of the best Indian restaurants in Glasgow. Lovely staff and the food is awesome. We go here all the time for take out and have dined a few times and have never been disappointed.

1  Thank Dave1408

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Balbir's in Church St is very good.

When you enter the restaurant you cannot help but be impressed. It reminded me of those big air-conditioned restaurants you find in the USA and in this regard it's quite unique in Glasgow. The surroundings are very nice indeed.

The food is lovely. The spiced onions were zingy, finely chopped and simply divine. The vegetable pakora starter was dry and perfectly spiced - a real change from the soggy, greasy blobs sometimes found around the city. Our mains were also excellent, the Tikka Chasni was the perfect blend of tanginess and creaminess - superb. The breads were light and delicious.

Unlike most Indian restaurants, the menu at Balbir's was not extensive - this is good. I'd much rather have limited choice of a diverse range of food dishes.

All in all a great meal and highly recommended. One slight downside - I left my sunglasses in the restaurant and contacted them by email to see if they had been found - I didn't receive a reply or an acknowledgement, not good.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

If I could afford to eat Balbirs' everyday, I probably would.

We don't often eat in the restaurant as it's much more affordable to get it delivered and make our own rice. The delivery is really quick and it's always hot when it gets here. Maybe skip the pakora if you're ordering for delivery, though. It doesn't stay crispy.

Sitting in is great too, though. They take your coat and put your napkin on your lap for you and all that, but without the stuffy atmosphere that usually accompanies such fancy touches. The service is great. Lovely, playful servers who are happy to make recommendations.

Everything I've tried off the menu has been excellent. The Goanese fish curry is my fav and all the vegetarian fare is super yum, too. The peshwari naan is worth a trip on it's own! So good.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have probably had Balbir's 7 or 8 times now. Both in the restaurant and delivered. It is always delicious and great sized portions. I recommened the Chicken Saag & the Pashwari naans (Which is my go-to order), although all the meals i've had were great. The prices are pretty reasonable, enough to keep us ordering it anyway. Well, worth trying and travelling for.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We wanted to try this restaurant as we use the Ayrshire Balbirs all the time. We were up in Glasgow last weekend and booked a table. From the minute you walk in you just know it's going to be good. The staff were so courteous and professional. Special mention to Kirsty who looked after us so well. Now for the food WOW!! Amazing fresh made food, delicious from start to finish.
We were asked if we wanted to try a new desert that the chef had made free of charge but sadly we were so full. I bet it would have been fab. The decor and ambience was perfect. I'm sorry to say Ayrshire Balbirs but Glasgow wins hands down for us!!!!! We will be back soon.

1  Thank dindalick