“Better than expected”

Guy's Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #85 of 2,389 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: European, British, Scottish
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: City Centre
scotland uk
“Better than expected”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Came here for the first time tonight. I can't fault anything. The food was fantastic and I am a fussy bugger. The service was great very attentive. Everything about the place was spot on. Would highly recommend it and will certainly be going back again.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank lindsey101

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“A real surprise”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We don't normally eat in the Merchant City, and on a Friday night, not a good start for wandering with no reservations, we walked around checking out a few places that offered live jaz. Having never heard of Guy's, we were pleasantly surprised to be told that as long as we didn't mind waiting a bit, with the pleasure of listening to the 2 excellent musicians, we'd get a table (which came sooner than expected).
The surroundings are very pleasant, the staff attentive, and the menu comprehensive, with a broad based wine list (many available by the glass). For my main course, I had the pan fried sole, which was one of the finest I have ever had. The cost of some items on the menu and wine list are a bit staggering, but sensible choice even allows a mean North East person to have a truly excellent meal.
Certainly worth returning for a special occasion.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank crawfie
Glasgow
“Another great night at Guys”
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I had a lovely evening in Guy's. I have been many times but it was her first and she loved it. We had the per theatre menu through 5pm.com so got a free glass of wine. The menu was good we both had the Glasgow tapas as it is a favourite of mine! What a brilliant idea you get a small steak pie, haggis and neeps, mince and tatties and chips! The only thing missing is a glass of irn bru! The service was excellent, the restaurant had its usual lively buzz about it. We had a lovely evening and will be back very soon!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank GlasgowFiona27
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent service & food”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Booked a pre theatre meal through 5pm after my aunt recommended it. She has lunch here with her friends every week so I was eager to try it. Service was really good & we really enjoyed the food. We also received a glass of wine each as booked through 5pm & could choose from a selection on the menu. Great food & value for money on pre theatre!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Angypangy40
Glasgow
“Good, better, best”
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Guy Cowan, in his eponymous bar restaurant in Candleriggs, goes on bringing the highest standards to relaxed restaurant dining in the Second City.
Today I had a menu sampled from the distinctive cuisines of Scotland and France.
The Administrator and I shared a bottle of Rumanian Pinot Noir.

• Visited July 2013