“Fabulous”

Sisters Restaurant - Kelvingrove Street
Reserve with OpenTable
Sisters Restaurant - Kelvingrove Street is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 2,389 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: European, British, Scottish
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: West End
Description: We are 2 family run restaurants Sisters Kelvingrove and the other Sisters Jordanhill, Jak O'Donnell has held the helm of a great Glasgow favourite for nearly 20years My ethos is focusing on great Scottish produce with a homely feel
“Fabulous”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

First time to the restaurant after hearing great reviews.
Family meal with visitors was fantastic. Lovely meal and great service.

• Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“I cant Re'sister the sisters”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

The Sisters is a fantastic restaurant. Welcomed at the door, jackets removed we were seated and presented with the menu. As a 5pm deal we were given an included glass of wine and a fanstastic menu. My starter of black pudding de la fancy and my gf's pate were delicious. The oatcakes and chutney were fantastic. The mains were also terrific, my fish of the day, if not a little under seasoned, but not really actually :P
The desserts are a girls dream. Puff candy and honeycomb icecream, jesus i nearly had a stroke with the sugar. Maybe too much for a man but amazing all the same! Adam our waiter was perfect, good banter, perfect service and seemed like a bit of a dude. Cant recommend enough!
Take your girl, your mates or your granny!

• Visited March 2014
Jaksister, Owner at Sisters Restaurant - Kelvingrove Street, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Hi There ThatLuckyOldSun

What a great review thank you very much for taking time to pop it on, I shall look forward to seeing you again with either your girl your grannie or indeed your mates.. just bring them all!

Jak
“A safe choice.”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Full house on this Wednesday evening.Popular with visitors.
Up a few steps from the street, a compact room with enough friendly staff and good swift service.

Half the table ordered from the TDH 3 course list and the others ordered from the ala carte with little apparent difference on the plate. However the bill was wrong and had to be done again to reflect the 3 course price of two diners. The final bill was confusing and uncheckable by us.

Good choice of dishes, too many if I were in the kitchen, plus the multiple menus keep the staff busy. Some good Scottish items for each course,(Uist scallops, cloutie dumpling), and lots of Black Pudding on the menu (the black pudding served in small quantity sorry to say).
Everything was good except for the dull vegies, poor roast spuds.

We drank good Gavi Italian wine @ £25.95 a bottle.

Despite lots of good work by the staff, the sliced white bread, the paper napkins, the small water jugs, and the bill error and the hectic warm atmosphere mean I may not hurry back.

• Visited March 2014
Jaksister, Owner at Sisters Restaurant - Kelvingrove Street, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Hi f2s

Thank you so much for taking time to pop on a wee review so promptly, I am glad you enjoyed the Gavi it is a rather nice one, I am also pleased you like the style of our menu, despite my smaller portion of Macleods Pud:( I am also terribly sorry about your mix up with the bill, The napkins were actually paper as you were originally booked in at a pre-theatre time, as it is linen for A'laCarte so apologies they were not changed. I was in the kitchen and was told you all ordered from the A'laCarte page so this may explain why the portions were not different, as I was not aware of this. Our bread is made fresh by hand by the team every morning I prefer to keep it simple with good strong white flour. It was rather busy on Wednesday so again this may help explain why it was very warm.
I appreciate your constructive criticism and will take on board your comments.

Thanks
Hamilton, United Kingdom
“Great Food and Service - ideal for Hydro goers”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We booked for a pre Hydro meal from the Sunday menu as my wife had recently been with her mother and sisters for a lunch and all had enjoyed it. The choices were limited but varied and the only problem was what to pick. Lots of locally sourced produce well cooked and presented. Service was very friendly and professional. Excellent value!

Hi Graham N

Brilliant review thank you very much I am really pleased you and your wife enjoyed your dinner pre The Hydro with us, Hopefully you can come back so you can work your way through the menu!!
Take care

“Xmas Dinner”
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Went for Xmas dinner with work, and it was a table of 13. The menu was superb, and the food was delicious! I asked for the cheese board, and the waitress allowed me to change one of the cheeses. Doesn't often happen!!
Service was a little slow at times although always professional and friendly; but we weren't in a rush so it wasn't a problem!!!!!

Hi Greig_d_taylor

Great wee review thank you very much, I always ask to change a cheese when I am out for dinner and get so disappointed when they don't allow or worse still do not offer a replacement cheese or at least an extra slice of cheese! So I am delighted its something you do too!
Thank you and hopefully we will see you again sometime.