“Glasgow's jewel”

Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Description: We are 2 family run restaurants Sisters Kelvingrove and the other Sisters Jordanhill, Jak O'Donnell has held the helm of a great Glasgow favourite for nearly 20years My ethos is focusing on great Scottish produce with a homely feel
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

I dine in sisters restaurant quite a lot and the food is always of a high standard. The atmosphere is always very warming too

Jaksister, Owner at Sisters Restaurant - Kelvingrove Street, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Hi Susan

I hope you are well, even though you are a great regular thanks for popping on a wee review just to let everyone know what you like about us!
See you soon.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

The food was good and the place was nicely appointed, but it seemed overpriced. The staff was very attentive.

Jaksister, Owner at Sisters Restaurant - Kelvingrove Street, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Hi there
daddycat

Thank you for taking time out to pop a review on about us, I am very pleased you enjoyed your meal at The Sisters however I am dissappointed you thought it was not good enough value, I pride myself & my team for the efforts gone into sourcing the best Scottish produce available and matching all wines to each menu, I have used the same farmers & suppliers for 15years so it is very importatnt to me that their produce is highlighted as being the best from Scotlands larder. I am sorry you felt it was not worth the price.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

After a visit to the Hydro(Rod Stewart concert) and the Jack Vettriano exhibition at the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, what better way to round off the weekend than a delicious lunch in the Sisters.
Good value, good menu choice and good service.

Hi there
upgrader55

Thank you very much for putting a review on about your visit to The Sisters, That sounds like you had a great weekend in Glasgow, I am delighted you polished it off with as you say a great tasty meal with us, hopefully we will see you again some other time.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We enjoyed a family meal here, nice restaurant, with friendly staff, though the service became very slow even when only half full.

The set lunch menu quality was superb however the portions were smaller than expected and veg and other sides are an extra cost, this negates the value of the set lunch so beware!

House red was lovely.

Overall, perhaps more for a couple than a family

Hi there Roughguidereader

Thank you very much for taking time to pop on a review about your family meal with us last week, I am glad you thought the girls were friendly however sorry to hear you thought service got a bit slower once busy, we try to do our best so I do apologise about that part. On the costly extras we offer the value lunch that satisfies most appetites at lunch time and at £12.95 for 3 course including tea/coffee I do think its great value, however 2 years ago I started charging for vegetables & tatties simply because there was so much being wasted so I popped on a minimum charge per bowl and found much less waste from the customers. I hope you can see it from my side at trying to offer the best of both value & quality not suffering.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We visited for lunch after staying in the town following a great concert at the Hydro.
Food was fantastic and we struggled to choose as everything sounded delicious. Special mention goes to the slow baked Ham with scallion mash and buttered cabbage, worth a visit for that dish alone. Desserts are fab too. We'll definitely return.

Hi
BOBMAC69

Another lovely comment about the infamous Ham dish ! it has been on for so long I almost take it for granted so it is very nice to hear you say its worth a special mention! I hope you enjoyed visiting the Hydro too, hopefully we will see you again sometime.