“Superb food”

Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Description: We are 2 family run restaurants Sisters Kelvingrove and the other Sisters Jordanhill, Jak O'Donnell has held the helm of a great Glasgow favourite for nearly 20years My ethos is focusing on great Scottish produce with a homely feel
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We visited for lunch after staying in the town following a great concert at the Hydro.
Food was fantastic and we struggled to choose as everything sounded delicious. Special mention goes to the slow baked Ham with scallion mash and buttered cabbage, worth a visit for that dish alone. Desserts are fab too. We'll definitely return.

Jaksister, Owner at Sisters Restaurant - Kelvingrove Street, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Hi
BOBMAC69

Another lovely comment about the infamous Ham dish ! it has been on for so long I almost take it for granted so it is very nice to hear you say its worth a special mention! I hope you enjoyed visiting the Hydro too, hopefully we will see you again sometime.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I had heard of this restaurant and was visiting Glasgow for a show on 1 October. Decided, after checking a review for a nearby hotel we were staying at, to make a booking. We opted for the pre-theatre menu. I found the staff lovely, the food fantastic and it was, in my opinion, extremely good value for money. I had the ham and can honestly say it's the best I've ever had. There were four of us booked and we all said that it one was of the best meals we'd had. Don't delay - book today!!!!!

Hello there
Susan C

I hope you had a great stay through in Glasgow it was a very busy week with the new Hydro opening, so I am very pleased you got a recommendation from your hotel, We have had the same Ham dish on for 15yrs and although some moan we dont change somethings, there would be more moaning if I took that dish off!! Thank you for the very nice comment.
Thanks again and if you are ever through in Glasgow please pop in again.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Decided to try this restaurant having been advised to a Top Table deal. Booked a table for Sunday lunch and was slightly apprehensive on arriving as the restaurant is situated above a 'not very salubrious' looking pub. However we were warmly greeted and the menu was different and enticing. the service was quick, but not too quick, and the food was delicious. Our waitress had her work cut out with a grumpy diner at the table next to us - but she was quick with a response (professional and courteous but taking no nonsense) and she had our full respect! well worth a visit and we'll be back.

Hi kathy_murdoch

I hope you are well, lovely to see such nice compliments especially when someone elses grumpy demeanour may have spoiled your afternoon!
The girls are very good I am glad they made your time with us enjoyable, hopefully we will see you again soon.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Well worth a visit; warm welcome on arrival and great to not to feel like your on a clock from the moment you sit down. Had 3 courses - because with a starter and main so good the pud has got to be good, and it was - good wine list with a fantastic desert wine to finish (well worth a glass) which could be enjoyed as no pressure to give table back. Well priced for the quality and service; got to add that the service was very good both ladies working on Thu 19th Sep are an example of how it's done. I have always thought about going here, but never did, my mistake.

Hi Stephen M

Thank you very much for such a lovely review I am pleased you enjoyed your meal at The Sisters and I informed the girls Vicky & Roxanne who incidently was on her first shift so she was absolutely delighted at getting the recognition, hopefully we shall see you again sometime.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Visited here Friday 27 September.. This was the best meal out that I have had in ages. Really wide choice of starters and main courses. All the food was beautifully presented and delicious! Starter of haddock and poached egg was really tasty. I had a problem selecting dessert, as they all sounded so tempting. Settled for the ice cream with puff candy meringue, I will dream of it!!!! And whats more I will be back to taste some others. My vegetarian main course was yummy too. The staff were lovely, friendly and not in the least intrusive.

Hello Margaret O

thank you very much for your lovely compliments I am delighted you had a good time with us and indeed saved some room for pudding ... yes it is one for dreaming about!!
Hopefully we will see you again sometime.