“Relaxed and elegant.”

Sisters Restaurant - Kelvingrove Street
Reserve with OpenTable
Sisters Restaurant - Kelvingrove Street is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 2,413 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Description: We are 2 family run restaurants Sisters Kelvingrove and the other Sisters Jordanhill, Jak O'Donnell has held the helm of a great Glasgow favourite for nearly 20years My ethos is focusing on great Scottish produce with a homely feel
Lanark, United Kingdom
“Relaxed and elegant.”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Real food with flair. Wonderful evening with my mother and sister. Attentive and unobtrusive service. Food was superb, great produce, beautifully cooked.

• Polish first
Swindon
“nice but too cultured for me !”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

there's no doubt that this is a fine restaurant, it was recommended to me by several locals who know their stuff. The food is well presented and very high quality, it's just a little high brow for my plain and uneducated pallete. The other three members of my party enjoyed it very much, I'd say the pricing is higher than most of it's rivals.

• Visited October 2012
Glasgow
“Poor service and quality”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We were in a party of 4 and certainly didn't enjoy our special Saturday night out here.
Firstly w ordered a bottle of expensive wine! which when it came the waiter broke the cork three times before he got it out. There were bits of cork floating in the wine when it was served. It wasn't served at the correct temperature either. We should probably have complained at the time but we were sure everything would be fine and didn't want to make a fuss. Later we asked for a second bottle but there was none left. I was disappointed and surprised at this it being a Saturday night.

Our main courses were a great disappointment. The lobster was non existent. A tiny piece of flesh sitting under a large shell. The fish was the smallest tail end of fish we had seen with very little eating on it.

The ham was very large portion but most of it was tough apart from a small slice of it. We had ordered chips, but these were soggy and had a burnt taste to them.

On a positive note the rare pork was fine, as were the starters and deserts.

The restaurant is pretty small and don't sit at a table near the door as they wedge it open and there is a terrible draught.

I have to say that most of the staff were very friendly and there was a good atmosphere but overall we were disappointed as we were so looking forward to some excellent food.

I thought I would write to the owner which is something I never do but I didn't even get a reply.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank Macorrite
ayrshire
“Birthday lunch”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Had a gorgeous lunch here today - again. We travelled up from East Ayrshire for my birthday. Faultless as ever. Fantastic and very friendly service and beautiful food and incredible value for money. We will be back very soon.

• Visited January 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A wee gem”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Booked this wee restaurant through 5pm.co.uk as a birthday treat for my mum. With my partner we booked a table for midweek. Place was quiet but cosy and appropriate. The menu had choice, flare and was interesting. The food was delicious, colourful and was enjoyed by all. The bit that was most unexpected..and appreciated was that the staff must have heard me toast my mum for her birthday and come serving her dessert was a sparkler and happy birthday etched around her plate and a happy birthday from the start.. doesnt sound much.. but its the small things that make a difference with a place. Enjoyed and we'd go back!!

Visited October 2012