“Restaurant is good.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Living Room - Glasgow - CLOSED

Living Room - Glasgow
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Centre
Transit: Glasgow Central
Description: The Living Room is something of a magnet for Glasgow's young professionals. Bang in the middle of the city's business district, its relaxed vibe, good food and friendly service are a hit with office workers during the day and party people by night. In the atmospheric AA rosette-awarded restaurant you can dine on a range of affordable hit dishes such as the crispy duck spring rolls, sea bass fillet a Spanish sausage stew and some of the best steaks in Glasgow. Drinks are as much of an attraction as the food - our extensive cocktail list is updated frequently but if there's something in particular you fancy just ask our bartenders for your favourites!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Restaurant is good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

Since my last review where I was only in for drinks, my girlfriend and I went back to The Living Room for a Saturday meal. After reading previous reviews regarding their restaurant I was a bit apprenshive on the service, however I couldn't find fault with it.

Meals delivered to table in a decent amount of time, and food was very good. I have Beef and Ale pie and my girlfriend got the Fish and Chips and we both really enjoyed our meal.

Two mains, desserts, and a bottle on wine for just over £50.00 isn't bad value at all.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Andy R

“Overpriced and pretentious ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Went here on an over night girly stay in glasgow before the cinema after hearing good things?

The place itself is lovely, exterior and interior are memorable.

Let's start with the service... It seemed rushed and rude?

The menu itself is so pretentious and the portion sizes are just silly for such poor quality food.

After looking at the menu we opted for a few salads and starters after not being particularly impressed with the options and a few cocktails ... Cocktails came and where lovely and presented well.

The meals then came.... They were presented, let's say laughter was the response... Anyway not to make the server feel awkward this was saved until she left.

I won't return here.

I gave 3 stars due to how nice the cocktails were but you can get the same quality for a cheaper price elsewhere in glasgow.

LivingRoom G, Public Relations Manager at Living Room - Glasgow, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your meal and appreciate the comments you have made as this is something we will discuss with our management team. If you could please send your contact details to glasgow@thelivingroom.co.uk. to allow us to discuss these concerns further it would be greatly appreciated.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food let down by poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

My boyfriend and I came to The Living Room on a Thursday afternoon, as we walked in the door, there was no one to greet us. We walked up the ramp to the seating area.. And yet again there was no one to be seen! After waiting 5mins with no acknowledgement, I decided to ask the bar man if there was anyone who could help us have a seat. Finally after 10 mins someone came to sit us down. To my delight I saw the cocktails were half price however trying to get one was harder than I thought. We waited over 15 mins for anyone to notice we were there to take a drinks order (I mean fair enough if it was busy, but it wasn't). 30mins in.. Still no food order taken. I then went to fetch one of the staff. Food arrived and I cannot fault it in any way shape or form, absolutely deeee-lish!!!! we ordered anther round of drinks however after waiting 20mins I questioned one of the waiters as to where the drinks were... He had obviously forgotten. And guess what! Waiting again for the desserts menu and for someone to take an order. Meanwhile, those drinks I had ordered not once but twice.. Never came! We decided to ask for the bill and leave. Such a shame absolutely beautiful place and even better food is let down with absolutely shocking service!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Laurenxoxox
Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am disappointed to hear that the service was so poor on your visit. Please contact our management team or please send your contact details to glasgow@thelivingroom.co.uk. to allow us to discuss these concerns further it would be greatly appreciated.

“Absolutely dissapointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

Good food, but the staff were absolutely clueless and left me disappointed by their service. This was in terms of there not being any coordination between the staff and having to ask them for thru same thing every time.

2 Thank Nonoi N
LivingRoom G, Guest Relations Manager at Living Room - Glasgow, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am disappointed to hear that you did not ejoy your experience at the Living Room. If you could please email me your details to glasgow@thelivingroomglasgow.co.uk to discuss these issues further this would be greatly appreciated.

Glasgow
“First time, doubt we will be back!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

We went as a group for the cocktail class. The guy taking the class was clearly not interested, even making half or most of the drinks for us and not giving us a chance to basically get through it as quick as he could. He even said that he hated making cocktails!! Didn't really enjoy the experience and cocktails you have to pick from are definitely not worth the money paid for the "class" .

• Visited June 2014