“Excellent food”
Review of Living Room - Glasgow - CLOSED

Living Room - Glasgow
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Centre
Transit: Glasgow Central
Description: The Living Room is something of a magnet for Glasgow's young professionals. Bang in the middle of the city's business district, its relaxed vibe, good food and friendly service are a hit with office workers during the day and party people by night. In the atmospheric AA rosette-awarded restaurant you can dine on a range of affordable hit dishes such as the crispy duck spring rolls, sea bass fillet a Spanish sausage stew and some of the best steaks in Glasgow. Drinks are as much of an attraction as the food - our extensive cocktail list is updated frequently but if there's something in particular you fancy just ask our bartenders for your favourites!
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Visited here party of 6 on Thursday 15th August. Did have to wait for about 3/4 of an hour to be served our starter but it was worth the wait. The maitre de then said he apologised for our wait and made a joke about the chef. Our mains were great as were our desserts. We used a 5pm voucher deal and this saved us over £93 on the total price of our bill. I wouldn't hesitate to go back. We had a relaxing meal and weren't rushed even though we were only supposed to have out table for 2 hours. Try the fillet steak.

There are newer reviews for Living Room - Glasgow

Reviewed August 17, 2013

When I first went into the Living Room....I thought opulent, swanky and a bit upmarket. So I couldn't wait to be seated and get tucked into our food. The staff were very good giving us a pick of the seats. We ordered starters...I had Thai fish cakes which were nice with a chilli dip. My husband had the black pudding doughnuts which were very greasy. For the main course I had the Goan chicken curry....to call it a curry was an overstatement...it was like a soup. It was bland and the rice did not even have a hint of coconut, this was also hard and dry. My husband choose the handmade burger, which looked the part but he said he had never tasted a more dryer burger. The fries were of the frozen variety which I wouldn't serve to my kids.....come on....chips should be hand cut! All in all...I would definitely return here for wine or cocktails but I would never eat here again.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Visited here Fri 16/8 with my 2 friends and had a fantastic time, too much to drink though! Service was excellent from all staff, very attentive and informative. Our server for our meal (sorry, didn't get your name) asked if we had a Groupon deal, which we didn't. However he very kindly offered us a brilliant deal from the A La Carte menu which I am sure he did not have to do, so well done and a big thank you from all of us - a lovely touch! All our food was excellent and very well presented - a delight to eat - so compliments to the chef. Would definitely recommend a visit here if anyone is thinking of going, you will not be disappointed. Thanks to all staff who waited on 3 Ladies Who Lunch!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Had a fantastic night out with friends, last night, at The Living Room in Glasgow. We did not know what to expect and we were amazed at how good our evening was. Alastair and James could not do enough to help, which helped make our night great. Two really nice people. The food and choices are amazing and the presentation of each dish was a work of art (especially the fish bowl) - well done chef. After our meal we went through to the bar area and took advantage of the half price cocktail offers. I'm sorry I can't remember the bartender name (too many cocktails maybe) but he makes a real good mojito. Can't wait to go back to this fantastic restaurant. Great value.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Great service from staff in Glasgow on Friday 9/8/13, especially Alistair who served us. Excellent atmosphere and well worth booking the table.