“Great service!”
Review of Living Room - Glasgow - CLOSED

Living Room - Glasgow
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, British
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Centre
Transit: Glasgow Central
Description: The Living Room is something of a magnet for Glasgow's young professionals. Bang in the middle of the city's business district, its relaxed vibe, good food and friendly service are a hit with office workers during the day and party people by night. In the atmospheric AA rosette-awarded restaurant you can dine on a range of affordable hit dishes such as the crispy duck spring rolls, sea bass fillet a Spanish sausage stew and some of the best steaks in Glasgow. Drinks are as much of an attraction as the food - our extensive cocktail list is updated frequently but if there's something in particular you fancy just ask our bartenders for your favourites!
Reviewed March 31, 2013

First time visit with my daughter this weekend. Greeted by helpful and efficient staff. Lovely food which was served promptly. Not the cheapest of places for lunch but good, tasty food made it worth it. The Sunday lunch deal looks worth going back for. Only 2 small complaints - drinks are pretty pricey and it was a little chilly. Apart from that will definitely go back.

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I was so surprised to see how the living rooms standards have gone downhill compared to a few years ago.

We had a table booked for half 7 on a Saturday night and when we arrived there was no one in sight who seemed to be dealing with welcoming customers or who you could let know you had a booking. Eventually someone wandered over with a slightly irritated expression as if it was a hassle that we were there.

In previous visits several years ago I have always been within the restaurant area however we were shown to the front side of the premises, to a table next to the bar. There were only two tables in this section and a private dining area. Our waiter was very pleasant and knowledgable about the food and drinks however this was the only redeeming part of the dinner!

After we had ordered our starters took about 20 minutes to come out which we were fine with considering it was a busy Saturday night however the section our table was in seemed to be totally devoid of service, as if it was an overflow area from the restaurant which was less important. We had no cutlery before our starters arrived and once we were finished with them, sat with plates for a further 20 minutes before they were taken away. The soup starters were however very nice.

We had been in the restaurant for well over an hour before we had our main courses, from the time we arrived. The waiter was very apologetic and perhaps they hadn't assigned enough staff to deal with the bar side. Main courses were very average. The chips that accompanied my steak were not good at all, as if they had been reheated.

The rest of the night was even worse, ordered drinks which took an age to come. Sat with main course plates for a long time too. Were given desert menus then no one ever came to take an order for them. Even when we had had enough and wanted to leave without desert there wasnt anyone around to give us the bill.

Disappointing experience with terrible service and food that is done so much better elsewhere in Glasgow. The grill on the corner and the butchershop are in a different league and a better way to spend hard earned money. Won't be back to the living room.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Have been many times but won't be back. Table was late when we arrived. A sharing plate was served to us but no individual plates to et I on. Had to ask and it was if we were asking a difficult question. Staff having heated debate in booth next to us. Not impressed.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I have never been to the living room before until saturday night, my husband and I were dining for our anniversary and have heard many great things about the living room.
We arrived in the bar and were quickly greeted by a young bartender who recommended the return of the mac for myhusband while I had a glass of prosecco. The bartender took us through to our table after we finished our drinks, upon walking into the restaurant we were shown to our seats by the hostess and were seated in a comfortable circular table. The ambience was perfect thanks to the spread of candles.
Our server stephanie was very friendly and helpful she had told us about thesalmon special which was delicious and my husband had a ribeye steak which was cooked to perfection. We had the share board of deserts which is different sweets they have on the menu on one platewhich was a nice finish to our meal.
Upon leaving the restaurant we were bade farewell by the manager and asked how our night was.

I will definately be going back food and service was great. One of glasgows best.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I have been in here on a few business lunches (mosly as it is close to my place of work and my boss liked it). As a vegaterian I find the choice very poor and on one occassion my boss had ordered the club sandwich and I had the only vegetarian option sandwich when they came my boss had this massive sandwich with 2 thick slices of bread and a plate filled with chips by comparison I had this pathetic one slice of bread effort and I kid you not 4 chips - NEWSLASH Living Room, vegetarians do eat you know !!

1  Thank sweetcheeks72