“Unless you want cheap pub grub don't bother”
Review of Walkabout

Walkabout
Ranked #1,744 of 2,507 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Walkabout seating is not good very high tables and chairs could be doing with a makeover. we went here one night before a movie looking for something quick and tasty as had been before last year. I have a gourmet card used it last year guy never had a clue wot it was got his manager they sorted it out. One year down the line we needed a quick bite, goes in guy still never had a clue how to sort out the gourmet card didnt give me the right discount! Hey ho I thought cant b bothered arguing so goes to table meal comes over it was pretty awful to be honest I got a chicken breast thing which was over done cheese slapped all over it didnt look appetising at all chips cold and salad dry and uninteresting only nice thing on the plate was a bit of water melon! My husband had chilli hot dog he liked it, he got chilli chips they were nice! not impressed wont b back £17 for the 2 of us thats the only upside it was cheap!

Reviewed August 16, 2014

I've been in here a few times for some drinks, but recently decided to try their food. I ordered a pesto pasta dish and it was incredibly oily- once I'd finished half of it the rest was just swimming in grease. It was also pretty bland, which is a shame. The cocktails and the drinks are good, but I would avoid coming here for food.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Called in here to watch a football match before going onto watch Celtic at Parkhead. The location is good, tjhe service was good and the food in general was good. The spicy fries were certainly spicy, to the point that I could not eat them. Having said that the burger was very nice.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

I have to say for a Saturday afternoon during the commonwealth games there was a great lack of staff and the ones who were there just walked about with their eyes shut as the tables were filthy even when our food arrived the staff member did not take away the debris from previous people.
We ordered nachos to start and a couple of burgers and when it eventually arrived it all came at once so by the time we ate some nachos. Our chips were cold.
Service was shocking, food was rank. Will not be returning and certainly won't recommend to anyone.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Where else would the travelling Aussie go for a beer while in Glasgow ? A bit corny but great food, fun atmosphere and awesome staff....... Worth a visit!

1  Thank Partlyblonde