“Cheap and cheerful - nothing really else to say”
Review of Walkabout

Walkabout
Ranked #1,748 of 2,521 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I suppose it's all that's required for students.

I was only out for a few and spent very little. For Glasgow, that's impressive.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We went to the Walkabout yesterday,and what has happened to the menu? It used to be so much better.
Meal was nothing special,bit disappointed with the visit.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is a large bar that I imagine comes into its own when sport is being shown here, but we visited on a fairly quiet Wednesday afternoon. Service was friendly and helpful, and we enjoyed our 'chook' burgers. It comes across as a bit 'chainy' and nondescript, with token Aussie stuff everywhere - but then, it is a chain!

Wasn't too impressed with the 'dunnies', though - I'm not sure if the blocked toilets and floaters are meant to be part of the experience, but more regular attention here wouldn't go amiss.

Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Me & my partner went in on a Friday afternoon. Nice wee place, shows a lot of sports which I like. Played some pool, the table is quite dissapointing, and won some money on thr quiz machine. We had burgers, which were excellent. The drinks were very reasonably priced, however, my boyfriend got short changed after only getting change for a tenner when he actually gave a twenty. They said it was a tenner he gave them so we finished our drinks and left. It wouldn't put me off coming back, I'd just be weary of that member of staff. Overall, it was what I was expecting it to be.

1  Thank xWackix
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I went along here on Saturday 19 Jan 2013 with my husband David. I had called in to check with the manager if it was ok to use my gourmetcard ( a restaurant discount card for which I pay an annual fee). I had checked their website for availability of places to go near to the cinema + it was either Walkabout or La Bonne Auberge. As the French one is pretty expensive, and this day out was my treat + I am not working, I chose Walkabout. Manager Sam said he could give me 20% off food. I explained that the deal on the website for gourmetcard was either 25% off total bill including drinks or 50% off food. He checked the till and as he only had 20% or 50% discount codes he said he would give me the 50% off food in this case. We were heading to the cinema for 12.30 to see Django so said we would be back in about 3 hours. When we got back, we got a big table by the window. I went to the bar to order the food and the girl got Sam to authorise the discount. David had beef chilli + rice with tortilla chips and I had the 3 bean version. We shared a side of spicy wedges with sweet chilli dip. I had a large glass of house wine and David had a busweisser. Total for food after discount was £7 and including drinks was £13.50!! Wow and the food was really good and tasty too! Result! Even had the various big screen tellies dotted around so David could check how much he had lost on his football coupon placed prior to the cinema. Was surprised we could both eat after the goryness off the movie but hey ho we gotta eat! Cheers guys for this. As it worked out, I had bought some discounted cinema tickets (25% off) online with the same gourmet card and the codes never worked for my booking. The supervisor at cineworld tried to sort out the problem for me but as they had no access (nor me) to the internet, he issued me with two complimentary tickets instead. So with the very good value late lunch/early dinner and free tickets to the movies, a rather good value bill footed by me!! Good day had by both. Thank you Walkabout for the food part! I felt guilty being as the cost was so inexpensive to start with! Xx