“Excellent, cosy and welcoming, a little gem!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The New Turban

The New Turban
Ranked #157 of 2,393 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: The New Turban is a relaxed Indian restaurant in the heart of Glasgow’s Southside. It is well situated, close to Eastwood theatre, but also not far from the City, making this a popular, easy-going venue for both businesspeople and families, with pre- and post-theatre sittings.First opened in 1982, the restaurant was an immediate success. At that time, it was among only a handful of fine dining establishments in Glasgow, it was also one of the first to bring an authentic tandoor oven into the commercial kitchen.Now under new management, with the original family taking over, it will be celebrating its 30th anniversary! with a menu that resurrects the time it first opened. So, Whether it’s for pre-theatre or dinner, we invite you to enjoy The New Turban’s celebrated menu.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent, cosy and welcoming, a little gem!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Booked a table only an hour before, which made me a little sceptical about why they would have spaces if they were any good.... Arrived and we were seated immediately by very attentive staff, drinks arrived and orders were taken, I was unsure about the name of the dish but explained to the waiter what I was wanting and he told me what to order, it was spot on! Very tasty food, quick service but not so quick you feel rushed, attentive staff who were very friendly and made you feel very welcome, a very pretty restaurant with a homely feel, very good value for money and we left stuffed and very happy! Also, after being a little underwhelmed about them having space for us, when we left the queue for tables was out the door! A wee gem, will definitely return!

Keith, United Kingdom
“Falling in Love with The New Turban Tandoori all over again.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Having moved away from Glasgow a couple of years ago I hadn't been to The New Turban in a while. This was always a favourite restaurant of my familys when I was growing so I visited it with my girlfriend last week and was not disappointed. I had forgotten how good the quality of the food is and coupled with a relaxing atmosphere we had an almost perfect meal. The pakora is among the best I have tasted and I had the Punjabi Mint for my main course, one of many dishes from the menu I could recommend. The service is excellent and the waiters are full of good banter when they get to know you. The meal was also reasonably priced. I would highly recommend a meal here whether going with friends, your family or your partner. I would even go myself and pig out.

• Visited October 2012
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A good place for Indian food in the south side of Glasgow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

We were at the New Turban at Eastwood Toll in Glasgow on a Saturday evening in Oct. 2012 and left ourself with only 45 mins before we had to leave for a concert. We alerted the staff to this immediately and they responded by offering us the per-theatre menu which could be done in that time. The staff never hurried us but the food all arrived in great time and we were on our way as planned. This was not the normal rate of service, and if you wanted a more relaxing experience that would also be accommodated. The meal was excellent, all of us having something different, and definitely good value for money at £45 for a starter, main and beers for 3. The New Turban was always a great place for a carry out, but the place has been very nicely decorated and we will now be making more regular trips to sit in.

• Visited October 2012
“A long lasting customer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

I have been coming here all my life and I am 24 years old. I love it because it is always welcoming and friendly and the staff never let you down with thier service! The food is always excellent and there is so much variety and there are great european dishes for kids/those who prefer something without the spice! For those who love their curries, there are many curries from mild ones to extremely hot ones for the brave folk out there! It might seem biased but even if I was eating in this restauraunt for the first time I would still definetly be remembering it as one to re-visit in the near future!

“Pure class!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Cracking place cracking food! 5 star. what more can a say apart from if you want the best curry house in glasgow them come here. love the place, wont be long till um back.