“Amazing meal”
Review of Bar Milano - CLOSED

Bar Milano
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

The refurbishment is lovely, very modern and the staff are lovely. Service with a smile! The food is fantastic leaving you wanting more! Definitely recommendable

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Visited here and had an amazing meal with my mum! Service first class and the place looks amazing ! This place has been revamped to the highest standard, comfortable and classy! Food is great you have to visit !

Reviewed September 15, 2013

From the moment I walked in, my mouth was ajar with surprise. I believe the first word out my mouth was "wow". It takes a lot to get that kind of a reaction out of me, trust me! I've been going to Bar Milano for a few years now. Family, date night and casual dining, it was (and still is) a great restaurant for all occasions. Not once have I ever been disappointed with the service, the food, or anything else for that matter.
So what has changed? What has given it that "wow" factor? For starters, you are met with a fantastic area for pre dinner drinks that wasn't there before. Inviting sofa arrangements and comfy bar stools surround an integrated fireplace. A great area to relax over a cocktail or a fine Mexican beer, and mull over the menu whilst you wait on your table.
The menu itself seems to have been streamlined, and caters for all tastes. Whether it be pizza, pasta, seafood or steak, everyone will find something to delight. My wife asked for the steak and it was cooked brilliantly. I myself had the scampi tails, and I could not have been happier with my choice! The food was divine. A doff of my cap to the chefs, well done sirs.
The service was excellent too. Friendly, and attentive without being over bearing, the staff are fantastic. The owner Lello was on hand too, friendly and welcoming as always (If you're reading Lello, well done. You've knocked it out the park!)
With its new classy and sophisticated look, Bar Milano has cemented itself as one of, if not , the finest restaurant that the south side of Glasgow has to offer. But please, do not take my word for it. Experience it for yourself. The star of the show isnt the new decor, or the service, or the food. Combined? The whole show is the star.

1  Thank StevenMowat
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Our family have been fairly frequent visitors to Bar Milano over the years and always found it to be a fairly decent local restaurant. But after our visit last night, I'd say things have changed! And for the better. Not that there was really anything wrong with Bar Milano before, food and service was always of a good standard, but it just wasn't that memorable. But now after a full overhaul, the restaurant looks fantastic and it really sets the standard.

We popped in for a meal last night (after booking of course - it's recommended, especially now) for the first time in a few months, and were wonderfully surprised by the new look and layout. The previous entrance vestibule has been removed and you now walk straight into an elegant and inviting bar area, with a mix of plush couches and sleek high tables with leather bar stools. A recessed fireplace suggests that this will be a cosy haven in the cold winter months, a nice place for a quiet drink. It creates a nice space to review the menu and perhaps order a pre-dinner cocktail before being shown to your table!

The restaurant itself has also been re-designed and is very chic and modern, while still being comfortable and warm. It has a good mix of booths and tables for larger parties and smaller tables for 2. Previously, while the older Bar Milano was usually quietly busy, I don't think I ever remember it having a good, buzzing atmosphere. However, the new look seems to have really done the trick and the restaurant had a great atmosphere - busy and lively without being too loud (yes, I am getting old!!).

The food was fantastic and neither my husband nor I could fault it. I think it may be possible that it is better than it used to be. The menu seems to have been streamlined a bit, while still offering a great choice for the fussier amongst us, offering pizza, pasta, risotto, meat and fish dishes (and even catering for the gluten free diet with pasta and pizza options, which is a treat!). The service was great and the food arrived in good time, and was well cooked and well presented. My husband was raving over his fish main course, which is not normally his style! I recommend the kings scallop with pancetta starter, which was really delicious. And of course, a wee cocktail to wash it all down!

All in all we really enjoyed our meal and even stayed for another drink in the bar afterwards, which was a nice and relaxed way to end our evening. We'll definitely be coming back.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We live in the area and thought we would pop in for a quick beer last night.
What can I say , even though we didn't have a booking and the place was busy Lello still managed to look after us.
Lovely Staff very pleasant and accommodating, food is good too and if you are lucky enough you might see a couple of famous faces as well.