“Easter Sunday lunch!!”

Restaurant at The Russell
Ranked #17 of 149 Restaurants in St. Andrews
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2014

After a big disappointment concerning online reservation for the Hotel du Vin for Easter Sunday lunch, we dropped in at the Russell Hotel where we were warmly welcomed and enjoyed a lovely roast dinner which came quickly and was beautifully presented and great value for money!! I was particularly impressed with the service and really enjoyed the oatmeal and haggis stuffing with the roast chicken dinner I ordered. Well satisfied and would certainly recommend and revisit this establishment in the future!!!

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Took a friend who was visiting St Andrews here for dinner one Friday evening, as we always think the Russell has a nice atmosphere and is a good place to take visitors to the area. We booked dinner in the dining room quite a few days in advance and informed the hotel that one guest would require a gluten free menu. They assured me this wouldn't be a problem and took note of it. I was slightly disappointed to see that when we arrived, no extra effort had been made to buy in gluten free bread, or to have a note in advance of the dishes on the menu that were suitable. This resulted in the waitress constantly having to check with the chef if the option selected was ok, and going back and forth to the kitchen. I feel it could have been handled a lot better, with a lot less hassle. The food itself was good enough, but I felt the vegetables were very bland, and didn't have much thought put into them. All in all, quite an expensive meal, but nothing special.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

I am mia I am ten years old and come to St Andrews a lot ,I go to different places over the years as there is now a lot of new places but the Russell hotel I have been going to for years now, ever since I was little. There is a lovely fire and it has a nice Scottish feeling about it.I have never been to the hotel
But it sounds nice . I can't wait to come back!

Reviewed April 1, 2014

We couldn't get booked in the restaurant but got last table in the bar and chose from this menu and the food was wonderful. The portions were generous too. Very good food.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We had dinner in the bar on a week-day evening. The location on the Scores is very central to St Andrews, the decor is warm and the staff are friendly. Sadly the food was decidedly average the evening we were there