“Great food”
Review of Balaka - CLOSED

Balaka
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Went here on my birthday with an Itison voucher. It was great that the staff knew exactly what our voucher entitled us to without us having to chase up missing items as has happened at other places.
The food was great except the naan bread were not the best I have tasted and some of the curry could have done with being hotter - temperature wise.
The staff were friendly and attentive.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I was new to Indian food when I came here, and they had a great sampler platter for lunch that was loaded with food for a decent price. Honestly its the most food I'd gotten in town for that cost as a student. The staff was very helpful and walked me through what everything was. The food was all fantastic. They used to be open later as well, which was great for a snack on the way home from the pubs - haven't been out late much as a return visitor, so not sure if that's still the case. I'm old(er) now...but still love the Balaka.

1  Thank stokes007
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Iwould like to let people know of the fab service we received at the Balaka,St.Andrews,Fife.I rang to book a table as we were arriving in the town at 22.45 and asked what time last orders were for a meal.I was informed 22.30 but was politely informed they would keep staff back to serve us.We duly arrived at 23.00 and found we were the only patrons in the restuarant !Every member of staff stayed on,served us our meal which was lovely with a free drink.they then closed up and all went home.Now that is what you call service second to none,well done to you all at the Balaka.Alex Grewar, Dundee.

1  Thank Alex G
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I really recommend its 5.95pounds lunch set ( Indian cracker + starter+ curry rice + dessert ) from Mon to Sat 12-3pm. Food are really delicious. Staffs also friendly.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Quote simply one of the best curry houses I have ever visited . For a real authentic curry without the usual MSG sauces you cannot get much better than the Balaka . The staff are friendly and the service is fast . The tandoori dishes are well worth a try as are the house specials , the Bhuna however is one of my favourite curries period .

1  Thank electricians