“Our fave place in St Andrews” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vine Leaf Restaurant

Vine Leaf Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 141 Restaurants in St. Andrews
Cuisines: British, Scottish
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
UK
“Our fave place in St Andrews”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

This was our second visit (and only our second visit to st Andrews) and were not disappointed. Fantastic steak, cooked perfectly. Hubby enjoyed the crab done in various ways. Lovely cocktails. Great wine and honestly the best tasting coffee I've had in a while. The owner and staff work hard to ensure it's a great experience for customers. They were able to squeeze us in after a cancellation -but make sure you book in advance.

1 Thank ukrealdeal

Hampshire
“Not to be missed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

My husband and I were guests of friends at this wonderful restaurant. The owner and staff were
gracious and welcoming. I started with lobster thermador followed by a main of wild venison. Both dishes were delicious and generous portions. My meal was specially prepared to accommodate my garlic allergy but without sacrificing flavour. I just barely had room left for pudding and was glad I did. I chose a perfectly prepared baked Alaska, the best I've ever had (and I had it often as a child in the US). Next time we are in St Andrews we shall make a point of going back to this lovely place.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank nhow
“Don't be put off by the huge menu.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

Usually a massive menu means a directionless restaurant and sub-standard food. This is not the case at the Vine Leaf, where every dish we had was really very good and the dishes that you paid a supplement for were even better than the rest, particularly the seafood platter which was excellent. Unfortunately the drinks selection does not do the food justice and the limited choice seemed at odds with the massive number of food options. The service is slow but I believe everything is cooked to order- a smaller menu would speed things up.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Helloblueskies
“never try the pie! never!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

all of the dishes are really really nice except the pie...goose meat mix with rabbit meat is a little bit wired for me

1 Thank Yisha X
“Slooooooow cooked beautiful meat and slooooooow service to match”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

Lovely meal, pleasant staff, it was obvious that they had a regular customer base who were doted on and who were enjoying the experience but it lacked atmosphere and the curtain behind us made us feel left out and may have the reason why the service was too slow

• Visited April 2014