“Wonderful” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brownlees Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Andrews
Brownlees Guest House
Ranked #19 of 77 St. Andrews B&B and Inns
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Trevor and Jacqueline made our one night stay very pleasant. We had a lovely clean room and the bed is sooooooo comfortable, I could have slept for hours :) Breakfast was great and loads to choose from, I had an omelette and it was cooked to perfection. City centre and attractions are close to the guest house. I would recommend this guest house any time. Thanks Trevor and Jacqueline, keep up the good work and spirit :) Greetings from Malta :))

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Hardy, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband and I traveled to Scotland with our daughter to have a look at St. Andrews University. The Browlees Guest House was absolutely perfect! The rooms were wonderful, the service was excellent, and breakfast was amazing. We had fresh fruits and a delicious homemade jam every morning. Jacqueline and Trevor made our stay the best ever. Trevor helped us choose places to see and restaurants to sample the local foods. The location was perfect within walking distance of the shops and sights. I would highly recommend them for anyone traveling to St. Andrews.

Room Tip: The rooms on the top floor have fantastic views.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kosice, Slovakia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have just spent one week at Brownlees and it was amazing experience. Place has a great location near to the sea, golf course as well as to the city restaurants and pubs. Room was beautiful and spotless. Breakfast was outstanding every morning and Trevor and Jacqueline even prepared for me and my colleague sandwiches for our long trip back home. They were helpful and kind and I really felt like at home.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Have stayed before and this time was up graded to a twin room (surprise) the owners are very helpfully rooms are perfect clean and spacious ,
It is in a perfect location handy for town and golf course,s
Always first on my list to stay when in StAndrews.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank scotty186534
Orleans, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

The last half of our first trip to Scotland brought us to St. Andrews, and we could not have picked a better place to stay. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and the location was a block away from the coast and a five minute walk to the R&A and the Old Course. Our hosts were tremendous, going out of their way to help us out on several occasions. For instance, we had a 9am tee time at a course two hours away, and Trevor made up sandwiches and left them in the fridge for us to take. On our last day, Trevor got up early and made us breakfast. He also called around for golf when we got rained out at Carnoustie and failed to get on the ballot for the Old Course.

The breakfasts were great with lots of options including seatings and a variety of hot and cold foods that were all delicious. Will definitely be back to stay should we get back to St. Andrews

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dave C
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

My son and I just spent 6 nights here. Could not have been better. Great location close to the Old course, bars and restaurants. Jacqui and Trevor were great hosts. Great advice from Trevor on golf and assistance with tee times. Actually played The Old Course with Trevor. Breakfast each morning was outstanding. Room was comfortable and cleaned each day. Our 1st trip to St Andrews but we will definitely be back.

Wes M

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Wes M
Bretigny sur Orge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

As a golfer, you just can't find a better place to stay. Just 3 minute walk off the legendary Old course! I received a very nice welcome from Jacqueline who was expecting me. The breakfast is just delicious and I just had to pop up to see Trevor or Jacqueline inquiring about what I would like to have for breakfast. There is plenty in the plate. It was just right for the activity I had planned. I had the only single room that they have with private facilities (shower, lavatory and toilet) on the very next door. Window on Murray place.The whole house is very clean. It is not always the case in some very nice hotels I could have stayed at! There is a 55 bay parking lot just on Murray place and I did not have any trouble finding a bay whatever the time I arrived. I had a great time there and I highly recommend it!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo