“On tour” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brownlees Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Andrews
Brownlees Guest House
Ranked #20 of 77 St. Andrews B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“On tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Have stayed before and this time was up graded to a twin room (surprise) the owners are very helpfully rooms are perfect clean and spacious ,
It is in a perfect location handy for town and golf course,s
Always first on my list to stay when in StAndrews.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank scotty186534

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Orleans, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

The last half of our first trip to Scotland brought us to St. Andrews, and we could not have picked a better place to stay. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and the location was a block away from the coast and a five minute walk to the R&A and the Old Course. Our hosts were tremendous, going out of their way to help us out on several occasions. For instance, we had a 9am tee time at a course two hours away, and Trevor made up sandwiches and left them in the fridge for us to take. On our last day, Trevor got up early and made us breakfast. He also called around for golf when we got rained out at Carnoustie and failed to get on the ballot for the Old Course.

The breakfasts were great with lots of options including seatings and a variety of hot and cold foods that were all delicious. Will definitely be back to stay should we get back to St. Andrews

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dave C
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

My son and I just spent 6 nights here. Could not have been better. Great location close to the Old course, bars and restaurants. Jacqui and Trevor were great hosts. Great advice from Trevor on golf and assistance with tee times. Actually played The Old Course with Trevor. Breakfast each morning was outstanding. Room was comfortable and cleaned each day. Our 1st trip to St Andrews but we will definitely be back.

Wes M

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Wes M
Bretigny sur Orge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

As a golfer, you just can't find a better place to stay. Just 3 minute walk off the legendary Old course! I received a very nice welcome from Jacqueline who was expecting me. The breakfast is just delicious and I just had to pop up to see Trevor or Jacqueline inquiring about what I would like to have for breakfast. There is plenty in the plate. It was just right for the activity I had planned. I had the only single room that they have with private facilities (shower, lavatory and toilet) on the very next door. Window on Murray place.The whole house is very clean. It is not always the case in some very nice hotels I could have stayed at! There is a 55 bay parking lot just on Murray place and I did not have any trouble finding a bay whatever the time I arrived. I had a great time there and I highly recommend it!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Keene, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at Brownlees. Jacqui and Trevor are great hosts. Trevor was friendly, extremely helpful, and provided great breakfast stories and entertainment. Jacqui's was also very friendly and her breakfasts were wonderful. I especially liked the fresh fruit every morning and fresh raspberry preserves. If I'm ever in St. Andrews again I will certainly plan to stay at Brownlees.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank CraigS28
wearytravel, Owner at Brownlees Guest House, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Criag glad you enjoyed your stay and that you got home safely. We try very hard to make a stay with us as enjoyable as possible. Minnie misses her stroke in the morning.
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

The Brownlees is run by a very friendly accommodating couple and is situated within walking distance to the first tee at the Old Course and a number good restaurants. Both Jacqui and Trevor are accomplished golfers, so they can help you with everything related to golf in the St Andrews area. Before I stayed there, I heard that, "Jacqui makes the best eggs benedict". It was excellent, however, I thought the french toast was even better :)

I certainly plan to stay there again on future trips to St Andrews.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Mary Ann A
Mary Ann it was a pleasure having you stay with us and Jacqueline is still telling everyone how much she enjoyed playing golf with you.
Copenhagen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

I stayed at the Brownlees BB in the spring along with a friend. The stay and overall experience was excellent. A very friendly cople runs the place and they go the extra mile to ensure the stay is not just good but great. It was a wonderful stay and we will definately be coming back again and can only recommend other to do so also.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Anders J
Thanks for the review and we are glad yoiu enjoyed your stay with us.