“A welcoming and friendly place to stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hoppity House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Andrews
Hoppity House
Ranked #12 of 77 St. Andrews B&B and Inns
Cumbria
“A welcoming and friendly place to stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

A very friendly and welcoming place to stay. Great breakfast and a very comfortable room. We would definitely go back!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

No complaints at all regarding my stay here and I would gladly reccommend this BnB. Great value for money, perfect location, clean and modern rooms and tasty, cooked to order breakfast. Gordon was a great host and I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank jen p
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

We were at Hoppity House for a graduation in June and absolutely loved it. Gordon was delightful and helpful. After a full Hoppity House breakfast we were set until dinner--- Amazing eggs, salmon, cereal the works. Our room was bright and cheerful and the location could not have been better. Thanks for a fabulous stay. =)

Room Tip: Our Room on the second floor over looking the street was bright and cheerful.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank BethesdaTripTakers
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2011

Was not impressed! I had booked 2 rooms by phone with confirmation email received from Gordon and when I arrived he had no rooms available as he had double booked and was initially insisting it was my error-until I showed him the confirmation he had sent. He was not particularly apologetic and although he did call a few other places they were all full so we were left at 5pm with no place to stay and a wedding to attend in the morning

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank TRAVELLER123012
Long Island City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

What a wonderful place to stay. Great location. Service was outstanding, I had to arrange for a late arrival and Gordon couldn't be more accomindating! New and clean rooms. I will recommend to ANY one staying in St Andrews! Thank you so much!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank GolferGirl18
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2011

I have to clarified that I stayed in the Hoppity House located at 4 Murray Park (the owner I believe has two houses).
The location of the house is fantastic, close to the shopping/restaurants, the Old Course, the beach, etc. . Gordon Mitchell the Land Lord is friendly and helpful in many ways. You feel happy to see him every morning at breadfast time. The breadfast is first class. Good quality food and very well prepared. Rooms are comfortable and very clean. If I ever travel to St. Andrews again, I will definitely stay there.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank chocolate38
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2011

I put together a "dream" golf trip to Scotland with me, my son, my friend and his son. We obviously had to include St. Andrews in the trip and I researched the area looking for a good place to stay. I hit the jackpot with the Hoppity House. Gordon, Heather and Valerie couldn't have been nicer to us throughout our 3 day stay. The service, food, location, rooms and, most importantly, hospitality were fantastic.
I asked Gordon if he could put our names in the Old Course Ballot during our stay. He worked his magic and delivered a perfect tee time to us. I swear Heather and Valerie were as thrilled as us that we were selected and would be playing the Old Course the following morning!
Traveling and golfing Scotland with my son was a dream come true for me and it all started at the Hoppity House. This is truly a great place to stay, I give it my highest recommendation. As Gordon would say "Brilliant"!

Room Tip: Street side is a bit noisy, try to get a back room
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends