“Charming and cosy”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Andrews
Castlemount Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #20 of 72 St. Andrews B&B and Inns
Pittsburgh, PA
“Charming and cosy”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Our room was tiny but since we spent our days touring the town, it was more than adequate. We had our own little bath and, again, it served us well. Breakfast was excellent -- better than the average US B&B, with a wide selection of cold and hot foods. The house is about 15 minutes' walk from the bus station and is not for the mobility-impaired, as the rooms are up one or two flights of stairs and there is no lift or bellman to help. Proprietors were friendly (even talkative) and pleasant. Definitely worth a return visit.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank BakerNomi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at this charming B&B. The owners made us feel completely welcome from the minute we arrived and nothing was too much trouble; the level of personal service was truly exceptional. We stayed in the patio rooms; a large, comfortable double bed with adjoining single bedroom and bathroom. The bedrooms were spacious and tastefully decorated and the bathroom was very clean with plenty of fluffy towels. The highlight was surely the delicious breakfasts (try the pancakes!) in the top floor breakfast room, with superb sea views over the old castle. I cannot recommend Castlemount enough; we're looking forward to our next visit already.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank bigspottycat
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I only have good words for our experience at this lovely B&B. I stayed there one night in October with my husband and four other friends. Everything about Castlemount is wonderful - the location (with beautiful views to the sea and castle), the house (beautiful and very warm), the bedrooms (cozy and quiet), the breakfast (amazing! Please try the pancakes!), and specially the hosts. Jerry is just wonderful - welcoming, friendly, helpful, he made us feel at home from the moment we walked through the door. I'm only sorry we could only stay one night, I would have stayed so much longer! I am already thinking about how to fit it in to a return visit to Scotland... in fact, I left there thinking that if I ever need some time to myself, Castlemount will be the place to go, without a doubt. If you're reading this, Jerry, kind regards from your guests from "all over Spain". Thank you very much for everything!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Irene W
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Would go again tomorrow if I had the time. We booked a twin room to stay in St Andrews for two days of golf. Castlemount was exactly what you'd hope a B&B in St Andrews would be - characterful, welcoming, warm, spacious, central yet quiet, great sea views and a host who went out of his way to help us feel at home. Just go....you won't be disappointed. p.s This is the first TripAdvisor comment I've ever been compelled enough to write!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Steve C
Glasgow
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We had a fabulous time at the Castlemount and just wished we had been staying for more than 1 night. From the minute I first contacted the Castlemount I received friendly and helpful service. I was planning a surprise overnight stay for my husband's birthday and wanted to stay in the town centre, but whilst I wanted a good location I also wanted to stay somewhere that would help make the weekend feel special. I certainly wasn't disappointed at Castlemount. Our room was beautiful and romantic - it had a lovely four poster bed and was a good big room but still cosy. We were warmly welcomed by the owners who had very kindly & thoughtfully remembered we were there for my husband's birthday - not only did they wish him a happy birthday but also put a bottle of wine and card in the room. This was such a lovely gesture and was such a nice start to our stay.
The owners are very focused on ensuring their guests are comfortable and nothing seems to be any bother. There are thoughtful touches throughout. Such as binoculars at the windows of the dining room so you can really appreciate the fabulous views it offers.
The breakfast was simply delicious - my husband said his poached eggs were the best he had ever tasted. I found it difficult to choose as it all sounded great, but eventually settled on the buttermilk pancakes. They didn't disappoint - yummy!
Wouldn't hesitate to recommend Castlemount and very much hope to go back and stay again soon.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Colette F
St Martin
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Loved the Castlemount - we were welcomed like old friends and made to feel very welcome !
We had a well appointed room with a great bathroom. I appreciated all the extra touches including face wipes !
Breakfast was a feast ! Fresh fruit , a wide choice of cooked food too. The owners obviously love having guests - only sorry that we could only spend one night with them this time as we had to move on for business. We will definitely go back !

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Elspeth L
Perth, Australia
Reviewed September 19, 2012

On a visit from Australia we enjoyed 2 nights at Castlemount where we were made very welcome. We found the rooms to be well appointed, clean and comfortable. Ours offered a view across the castle to the sea.

The breakfasts were wonderul! fresh fruit, cereals, eggs cooked any way you fancied with all manner of delicious extras, plenty of toast, tea or coffee. AH yes the pancakes, be sure to try them!

Our hosts Linda-Ann and Jerry and their staff were very welcoming and helpful. Castlemount is well situated with easy walks to the links and town centre.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family